High school logo package

Sterling84

Hey Sterling, let me start by saying that I love the logo. It looks amazing and I also love your moose. I've been lurking here a while! I definitely like the one with grey better. I was looking at the logo and I kind of thought of what might make it look a little less awkward on that far cheek. Here's what I came up with.

http://www.sportslogos.freehomepage.com/images/wildcatslogo.jpg

It was just a quick paint job but hey. I just made the mouth a little larger and come up with the teeth a little closer to the front. I left the far cheek white because it looks awkward with the grey. It doesn't really look shaded but mroe like it is a different part than it should be. I think I made it look a little better but I might just be crazy. Let me know what you think.

Tenderly I remain in awe and amazement -Steve-O

I think that looks great Steve-O, an excellent improvement (covered my single comment nicely)... can't wait to see what Sterling comes up with now.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

great logo sterling84!  Im really impressed.  Just kind of curious how you went about designing and "building" the logo on Illustrator (if thats what you used).  YOu don't have to, and you probably already have, but what about an alternate?  That would really complete the package.

www.skyedesignstudios.com

great logo sterling84!  Im really impressed.  Just kind of curious how you went about designing and "building" the logo on Illustrator (if thats what you used).  YOu don't have to, and you probably already have, but what about an alternate?  That would really complete the package.

Thanks.  I am working on some wordmarks, secondaries etc...for baseball hat apps, jackets, the works.  Versatility being the key with an athletic department that needs a look for all sports.

As to "how" I design or build it?  Phew.  Thats a loaded question.  This one, I just winged it.  No sketches, just started making shapes.  Kind of wire-framed the angles and "skeletal" elements and then changed it as I found problem areas.  I do like to back up, look at it during different stages, and then start completely over using my first version as a reference.  You can look for curves or lines that if you nudged them a little would carry through the negative space and start to move the eye more...stuff like that.  Thats about all I got dude.  Revise, revise, revise.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

• 2 weeks later...

<font color='#000000'>OK....so here is a more finished version of this and where I wanted it to go.

I preface by saying that I know there are some serious sloppy points, especially at the bottom and the positioning of the nearer paw will have to be moved cause it merges with the animals head. Rest assured these will be addressed.

But this is how I saw it in my mind when I thought it up and I dig the idea of using some real severe, almost forced persective in letting the paws lunge or pounce around the viewer.

Any thoughts are of course, welcome.

EDIT: Mad props to Steve-O on the help with the mouth. I have unabashedly accepted and implemented your ideas and I think it's WAY better.

I'm wondering if at this point, I might as well draw the whole stupid thing rather than try to make the cut off look good. I dont want anyone getting "phantom cat" out of it.</font>

Very nice. I love the aggression and motion that you have captured. i can definitely see this working well leaping over a bold wordmark. Very well executed with the shading and perspective in my opinion. I can definitely see those paws working separately as secondary logos. Bravo.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I continue to plod through this and tweak and tweak and tweak.

I'm kind of burnt out on the primary and need a day away from it.

But I had a thought for a baseball cap secondary.

The team goes by the nickname "Cats". Plus any solo "W" is just too prevalent here in Wisconsin.

This would be the home cap 'course. Making the WR work for the road is a different matter.

Please excuse the super-sloppy purple hat edit.

cap.jpg

I love the hat. Looks sharp. The only question i have is witht he white 'highlights' in the yellow fill of the C. Will those be easy to embroider? I like the Look of the C, particularly with the white and purple tail.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived