International Football Concepts

gordie_delini

Well, I was bored again, so I've decided to do some new international football kits. I'm starting with the flagship countries for each manufacturer.

We'll start with England. For the Three Lions, I really liked the 05-07 kit, so I went for a hybrid of the current kit and the 05-07 kit. I loved the St. George's cross on the shoulder, but I wanted something less severe. Anyway, I'm not totally sold on the execution of it, so I'd love some more ideas for this one.

England_home.png

England_away.png

Continuing on with the Umbro teams, we'll come to Sweden. Umbro has been using one basic kit with different flair for each club, so that's what I was going for here. Not a total rip on the England kit, as was in 2005, but based off the template. More Umbro teams to come (such as the Republic of Ireland), so look for similar designs.

Sweden_home.png

Sweden_away.png

OD_Signature.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll move next to the adidas clubs, and to start with, we'll go for their signature team, Germany. Again, I was trying to make a logical progression from the current styles, so I went with a bit of a crazier, busier template. I went for the black-red-yellow look as seen on the current kit, and I chose to go for a simpler green away kit, as is precedent for West Germany and the united German squads of yore.

Germany_home.png

Germany_away.png

The next adidas team I went for was France. Again, nothing earth-shattering here, just going off of what they've worn recently.

France_home.png

France_away.png

OD_Signature.jpg

Update: Changed the Sweden away kit - but I kept the white shorts since that's what they're currently wearing.

Continuing on with the adidas squads, we move out of Europe to South America and to my second adidas template, with Argentina. I went for a clean design, something that would accommodate the stripes. Anyway;

Argentina_home.png

Argentina_away.png

I suppose we'll move back to a Puma design, going for the Czech Republic. As Puma has been using one template for all it's outfits in the past two years, all of these should be pretty straightforward.

CzechRepublic_home.png

CzechRepublic_away.png

OD_Signature.jpg

I'm really liking the Germany ones as well, nice job on all of these.

My only gripe is that on the Argentina one the light blue looks more like cyan, like it has a somewhat green hue to it. Maybe it's just my monitor, i dunno.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Great job, I have a question. Do you create these soccer designs yourself, or are they real designs used by Adidas, Nike, etc.?

EDIT: I was looking at your past posts, and it looks like you get them from colors-of-football.com. I tried signing up for that but I don't want to pay $10 to get some jersey templates, so do you A. have any you could send me or B. know another way to get them? Thanks.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Thanks for the comments, guys. Kewp, I darkened the blue slightly to make it more noticeable on the clash kit from the white, but it could be a monitor thing. Chestnutz, I did create all these design templates myself - I have done concepts in the past using real designs, but for this project I wanted to go totally original as part of the challenge. More designs to come, gents.

OD_Signature.jpg

MASSIVE UPDATE:

England Revision: I refined the shoulder cross design, which I think looks cleaner now. Changed the shoulder design on the away kit.

England_home2.png

England_away2.png

I'll finish up the Umbro kits I've done so far, which brings us to the Republic of Ireland. With these, I went for the template design similar to Sweden, but I wanted to get the Irish tricolor in there as much as possible, which led to the unique sleeve cuff design.

RepublicofIreland_home.png

RepublicofIreland_away.png

OD_Signature.jpg

I'll go on with the one Puma design I've done since the Czech Republic, Poland. Yep. It's the Puma template I did. It's boring. No more comments.

Poland_home.png

Poland_away.png

The rest of the designs I've done so far are from adidas, so I'll start with Canada. I wanted to go with a darker sporting red for the Canucks, and I used the cleaner, simpler Argentina template

Canada_home.png

Canada_away.png

OD_Signature.jpg

Finally the last two of the evening:

Hungary - once again the crazy template, but not quite as crazy as Finland :P

Hungary_home.png

Hungary_away.png

And finally, one of my more favorite designs, Greece. For this one, I just had this idea of an old Greek man in a pinstripe suit sipping a drink while sitting on a breezy beach in April on a small island.

Greece_home.png

Greece_away.png

OD_Signature.jpg

I really really like everyone of these! Not too wild on the revisions you did for the England change, but it still looks good. I really like the Greece concept, very classy. As for Finland, I actually like it a lot! And don't get me started on your Canadian concept, very nice work.

For Ireland I've always thought they should use a darker green than what they have on their flag. Like the green color the grass looks there, maybe more of an emerald or something, JMO.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

These are all top notch and are well executed...anxious to see Mexico!!!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived