New NYC Taxi logo/markings

Waffles

What's the deal with the encircled "T"? Looks a lot like the MBTA logo.

RTFA

Bump No. 1 occurred when city officials said that the all-type logo was not flashy enough. Trying again, the designers placed a bold T set in the middle of a black circle, something evocative of public transit. (Particularly if you’re from Boston.) Davin Stowell, the chief executive of Smart Design, recalled the concept. “Let’s make it iconic and big,” he said. “Everybody knows what it is. You don’t need the words.”

What's the deal with the encircled "T"? Looks a lot like the MBTA logo.

RTFA

Bump No. 1 occurred when city officials said that the all-type logo was not flashy enough. Trying again, the designers placed a bold T set in the middle of a black circle, something evocative of public transit. (Particularly if you’re from Boston.) Davin Stowell, the chief executive of Smart Design, recalled the concept. “Let’s make it iconic and big,” he said. “Everybody knows what it is. You don’t need the words.”

I would think you wouldn't even need a logo. Are there a lot of yellow cars being driven around town being slowed down needlessly by people thinking they are taxicabs?

I've been wondering what was the deal with the taxis with these logos. I thought there was a new sort of taxi company of something like that. I don't like the change and don't feel that the change was needed. It could be worse though...we could have taxis covered with giant flowers. :rolleyes:

Those are some ghetto cabs, i'm noticing more of the prius' and other hybrids in vancouver for cabs, don't see the ford's that much anymore.

In 2005, New York introduced incentives to replace its current yellow cabs with electric hybrid vehicles such as the Toyota Prius and Ford Escape Hybrid.

Then in May 2007, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg proposed a five-year plan to switch New York City's taxicabs to more fuel-efficient hybrid vehicles as part of an agenda for New York City to reduce greenhouse gas emission. Approximately 90% of New York's 13,000 yellow cabs are Ford Crown Victorias. This proposal would help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions equal to removing 32,000 private cars from the road.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I think only a handful of cab companies down here have those crown vic's (cops still use those here though). I see more of the toyota's and honda's (hybrids).

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived