Philadelphia Eagles concept :: Updated

CS85

Today I was watching "Invincible" and it inspired me to look around online for the old Eagle jerseys from that era, and I loved the old style sleeve stripes. They may not be the prettiest thing around, but they were certainly unique and made those old Eagle unis stand out compared to the rest of the bunch. Today the eagles uniforms seem rather bland to me. They removed all essence of the silver from there color and scheme and it's a shame because it was such a great pairing of colors. Now I'm not the best guy at putting a concept together (this is only my third one ever) but I took apart the uniforms and gave them a semi-modern numeral, gave them some sleeve stripes, and road grey pants along with the more traditional philly green and silver colors while still keeping the modern wordmark. I love the sock stripes that the bills have been wearing for their throwbacks and integrated something similar with those as well. It really says "gridiron" to me. Tell me what you think. :)

UPDATED:

eaglesconcept-1.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Wow, I opened this thread thinking I wasn't gonna like these, but these look amazing! My only grip is that there should be more black in the uniforms since there is so much of it on the helmet. Other than that this look quit tastey. :D

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I can't tell whether those are the Patriots numbers or the old Buffalo Sabres numbers...not that that's that big of a deal.

About the set overall, I likes. A lot.

I understand what you were trying to do with the sleeves...but for whatever reason, the way you have them now seems a lil out of place. Maybe if they were up over the shoulders, UCLA-style, they'd look a lil bit more in sync. As far as the pants, I'd like silver on both home and away...that green-over-white is a bit too close to the Parcells/K. Johnson-era Jets. At least the silver would be unique for the Eagles. And the socks...that's an interesting striping arrangement, one I really can't argue against.

The lack of overbearing black is what really helps this set out the most. That kelly-ish green looks so daggone good in your set. Why oh why can't the real Philadelphia Eagles see how good these colors look in this arrangement and go back to it? It's vivrant, it has visual interest, and looks worlds better than the "midnight green" they're currently using. And the white shoes just complete the look. Randall Cunningham-esque...and I'm liking it. A lot.

(Off-comment: the real Eagles really need to lose that charcoal gray. Thank you for not including it here. And I just realized I used the word "that" three consecutive times...what the hell??? :huh: )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Thanks for compliments!! To address the issues brought up:

The Helmet was the least developed thing about this concept. I'm not good at vectoring a helmet, but what I wanted was the modern wings on the helmet, but instead of black it would be a pewter and accented heavily with silver. I didn't want black to be a part of it at all.

The shoulder striping was a bit of a compromise. I wanted to do the broad classic striping, but also took into consideration that modern players disregard sleeves, so I gave them a tight striping on the middle shoulder, something not subtle, but not garish or overwhelming.

I actually thought about going grey with the home pants, but I felt like the white pants would really make the white on the shoulders and socks pop even more. Besides, I think that grey pants at home are a bit too much of a throwback for the entire set, but are of course an alternate which I'll try and throw in there.

The best part in my opinion are the socks. I feel like sock stripes are so classy, and really bring out the speed of the players while also giving the team a distinguished look that appeals to not only the deep tradition of the game, but also to the franchise.

I'll work on some alternates for the set as well, and also on fixing the helmet up. Any more C & C is definitely welcome!

PS - the numerals are from the Edmonton Oilers. :)

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This is some good work. I'd change the number font and make them smaller. I'd also put the stripes on the shoulders and move the numbers to the sleeves because I think how it looks right now, the shoulder area looks a bit congested.

I can see that. I think if this were ever a direction the eagles went, the numbers would be moved onto the sleeve area for sure, or else the stripes would be lost with the way they've been getting cut off nowadays.

twitter

Archived