Identity Quandry

Nesi427

I was just viewing the Trenton Thunder website, doing random surfing, and I checked out their team online store and they have a section for championship gear, as they are the 2007 Eastern League Champs.

My issue with the gear is that all the apparel uses the logo they released during the summer as part of their revamp for 2008. Do you think they should have put their new logo on their championship gear or used the logo they won with?

Are there any other instances of this ever happening?

Gentlemen...the floor is yours.

ChampionshipApparel.jpg

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

Wasn't the Senator's Eastern Conference Championship banner raised with the new updated logo this season?

I'm sure its happened before, and I'm betting there are alot of times where teams update their banners in the stadiums with the current logos.

I don't know how I'd feel if it was my team that changed logos after a championship. There would be a part of me that wants the old historical logo, but then another part of me (depending if I liked the new look) would want the new logo on my merchandise.

I noticed the other night that the Bruins have championship banners from the 70's I think with the 1995-2006 logo on it.

So I guess they're pretty dumb. <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I noticed the other night that the Bruins have championship banners from the 70's I think with the 1995-2006 logo on it.

So I guess they're pretty dumb. <_<

I didn't say the team was dumb, Einstein. I said the fact that the new logo was on the banner from a year when they used a different logo was dumb....and yeah, the Bruins banners do look dumb for that reason.

Archived