Oregon Ducks football unis

Delux247

I mean :censored: everywhere I go I have to hear about how bad we look, I don't get it. People just don't look at us with an open mind. Either that or they are just flat out jealous.

What don't you get? Your jerseys are ugly as sin and whether people want to have an open mind or not it's not going to change the fact that your jerseys are ugly.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me as one who simultaneously likes Oregon's uniforms and who also thinks they're among the ugliest uniform ever worn. I know it's weird, but I've made my peace with the fact that Oregon football uniforms are going to be hideous.

I too was one of the people who thought they were they ugliest things I've ever seen, when they first came out. Now they've grown on me...

If all they did was get rid of the awful yellow helmet, and only wear these combos:

green/green/green

green/green/black

green/black/black

green/black/green

green/yellow/yellow

green/yellow/green

green/white/white

green/white/green

white/white/white

white/white/green...

I'd love em. All the other combos look like crap IMO

[edit] ^^^^ Green/Yellow/Green is my absolute favorite combo, and I'm so glad I can use it most of the time in NCAA 09.

Haven't been on here to reply to all those people calling bull to me. I was looking at some programs from the 05 season, and guess what was being used on the pages, diamond plate. This was obviously before the Civil War.

There was other strange-looking highlights and details on the shoulders of the game jerseys for the 02-04 jersey set, yes (and you can see it up close on the game jerseys), but it wasn't diamond plate. Diamond plating has nothing to do with the athletics or academics of the University of Oregon. That has as much to do with athletic gear from the official athletic sponsors as other random-ass, non-Nike-made Oregon stuff sold at the bookstore.

Also I have a cup that is pretty damn old from this time that has diamond plate. I mean call me crazy, but a few observant people had to have seen it coming.

...Like this! Seriously, I think this is reading into it a bit too much. In any case, none of that stuff looks any good at all.

Either way, its not apart of Oregon whether anyone likes it or not. Just because your same jerseys since they were founded schools don't take steps in innovation like Oregon doesn't mean our uniforms suck. I mean :censored: everywhere I go I have to hear about how bad we look, I don't get it. People just don't look at us with an open mind. Either that or they are just flat out jealous.

Experimentation =/= innovation. Our jerseys are the same template used by other schools Nike supplies, we just have a wilder number font, silver name-plate font (which really should be changed depending on the jersey color - the team looks A LOT better in the NCAA football games because, say, on the white jersey, it's a green font, which makes it actually readable), and diamond plating on the shoulders. INNOVATION, PEOPLE!

Nah, not really.

In any case, the sooner we change jerseys and burn all the memories of these, the better.

I don't mind having some unique jerseys, or our wild green and yellow, but when the jerseys get past the point of being laughable, then I really can't support that.

also, there's rumor we're getting black helmets tomorrow. Great.

harperdc.gif

Its not like we wear black often, not to mention it's only used in 1 jersey. However, I still think an all-black uniform would be pretty bad ass

Black is trim on two of our football jerseys - there's one with black shoulders and one with green shoulders, the other color being on the body - not to mention pants.

And our all-black basketball uniforms, too.

It's not a school color, or the neutral white that everyone has. I don't want to see it this much.

harperdc.gif

I think they've gotta go yellow-green-yellow and yellow-white-yellow. In other words, Oregon's nod to a throwback. I'd also love to see white-green-white, although i can't imagine they'll ever wear the white helmets at home.

Why isn't a website yet where you can play around with all of the prospective combinations?

Archived