NBA Courts classifications

Delux247

I've determined 4 categories that every NBA teams' court can fit in to:

The Minimalists (use as few colors, logos, etc.)

- Celtics

- Pistons

- Pacers

- Lakers (winner of minimalist award)

- Knicks

- Blazers

- Spurs

- Jazz

The "Paint-Comes-Free" group (paint anything, use as many colors and logos as possible)

- Bulls

- Heat

- T'Wolves

- Nets

- Magic

- Sixers

- Kings

The 'Tweeners (not quite minimalists, but not spending fortunes on paint either)

- Mavericks

- Nuggets

- Warriors

- Clippers

- Grizzlies

The Stain Gang

- Hawks (could be minimalists)

- Bobcats

- Cavs

- Rockets

- Bucks

- Hornets (could be minimalists)

- Suns

- Sonics (could be "paint-comes-free")

- Raptors

- Wizards

ujsignature.png

I think the Celtics should win the Minimalsists category because they do not even have the stadium name in the center of the court.

Yes, but I believe that for this season their court now says 'Red Auerbach Court' on it.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I think the Celtics should win the Minimalsists category because they do not even have the stadium name in the center of the court.

Yes, but I believe that for this season their court now says 'Red Auerbach Court' on it.

The court was dedicated to Red on opening night, and his signature was painted on. It's off to the side near the Celtics bench and about 8 ft wide.

SnapHookSig_435x108.jpg

The court was dedicated to Red on opening night, and his signature was painted on. It's off to the side near the Celtics bench and about 8 ft wide.

Exactly...it's not like other courts that have it on both sides and it doesn't say "Red Auerbach Court". It just has his signature like SnapHook said.

I also think there should be two sets for the stain gang. The Bucks have a very nice primary color set for the lane and the out of bounds area, with the secondary color for the area around the key. The Bobcats, Rockets, Suns, etc. leave everything unpainted, including the key and the out of bounds area. (Hawks have that too for the out of bounds, but I don't know about the key.)

At any rate, the teams that pull it off should be separated from the teams that leave everything stained/unstained and not painted. There is no category low enough for those scourges of the NBA.

Archived