A classy move by Kyle Turley

charger77

That's nice of him. These crippled pioneers are the reason why today's players have bank. They didn't make 10 figures when they played. Also, it's a great sign of respect. Heck, most of my paycheck goes to take care of losers on Welfare and blue hairs collecting SS so these guys can cash some of that large paycheck to do this.

KISSwall09.jpg

That's nice of him. These crippled pioneers are the reason why today's players have bank. They didn't make 10 figures when they played. Also, it's a great sign of respect. Heck, most of my paycheck goes to take care of losers on Welfare and blue hairs collecting SS so these guys can cash some of that large paycheck to do this.

Losers on Welfare? Blue Hairs collecting SS? Those people collecting social security worked their lives for the right to collect that money. For a good percentage of them, that's all they have to live on. Your money from your check will someday go to your monthly check that you'll be getting one of these days. I'm sure there are plenty of people on Welfare that are exploiting the system, but there are those that are genuinely in need of the service it provides.

On topic, great move by Turley.

Losers on Welfare? Blue Hairs collecting SS? Those people collecting social security worked their lives for the right to collect that money. For a good percentage of them, that's all they have to live on. Your money from your check will someday go to your monthly check that you'll be getting one of these days. I'm sure there are plenty of people on Welfare that are exploiting the system, but there are those that are genuinely in need of the service it provides.

Calm down a bit. :P Maybe my words came off a little harsh in that context, or a little silly, but I was just saying that as a society, we take care of others. Within the NFL's society...which has a mountain of money now...should take care of theirs.

KISSwall09.jpg

I contributed to this organization - obviously on a more modest scale than Kyle Turley - after reading a magazine article on their work with former NFL players and challenge others to do likewise.

Just curious, is Turley going to 'throw in' a Jets helmet too? That was a golden moment in Saints history. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

He's from Pennsylvania, Joel... things there are a little different, and as a result - people there actually are taxed more than most of the rest of us.

Case in point: Pennsylvania allows counties to collect what's known as an "Occupational Privilege Tax." Know what it is? It's a tax collected from you because you have the 'privilege' of holding a job within its boundaries. There's also an "Occupational Assessment Tax," that's literally - I kid you not - based almost entirely on your job title.

The proceeds used to go toward state welfare and retirement programs, but today I have no idea where the money goes... though I did see in my old hometown paper where state reps just got a "cost of living salary adjustment" that puts their rank and file assemblyman's annual income to around $75K (compared to other about 40 other states, that's nothing short of insane).

nav-logo.png

Sorry to threadjack in my previous post. Nice move by Turley. I wish TPTB in the NFLPA (i.e., Gene Upshaw) would've insisted on a 1% assessment against current union members to help cover the costs of retired player programs. That 1% would never have been noticed by even the lowest salaried players, and the benefit it could provide those who broke their backs earning $12K a year, paving the way for those who make AstroBucks today, would be immeasurable.

nav-logo.png

Heck, most of my paycheck goes to take care of losers on Welfare

I have a relative who is on welfare here in Ohio. She's a single mom. She works 5 days a week and she attends Ohio State part time in an effort to better herself. This kid makes about 165 bucks a week from her job and she has to support herself and a one year old. She gets food stamps etc. to make up for what her 560 a month won't cover. She works very hard and she doesn't like the fact that she needs government help. I am sure that for her being on welfare will be temporary.

I get what you're saying and I understand you weren't trying to be as harsh as you came across. I just wanted to point out that sometimes our tax dollars actually do some good. Hopefully your tax dollars are going towards a similar person in PA.

On topic. Nice move by Turley. It's disgraceful they way the NFL old timers have been kicked to the curb.

BB52Big.jpg

I have a relative who is on welfare here in Ohio. She's a single mom. She works 5 days a week and she attends Ohio State part time in an effort to better herself. This kid makes about 165 bucks a week from her job and she has to support herself and a one year old. She gets food stamps etc. to make up for what her 560 a month won't cover. She works very hard and she doesn't like the fact that she needs government help. I am sure that for her being on welfare will be temporary.

Sounds like a total loser to me. Doesn't she have bootstraps she can pull?

Blah, blah, blah...on topic...Go Turley!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

No, she had to sell her bootstraps to buy crack and a widescreen TV. Most of the welfare check went to buying a new car and heroin.

BB52Big.jpg

No, she had to sell her bootstraps to buy crack and a widescreen TV. Most of the welfare check went to buying a new car and heroin.

Good to know that the American Dream does still exist!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived