Atlantic City Legion - Identity

WJMorris3

The WLAF's Atlantic City Legion have come up with their identity for the 2008 season.

First off, much thanks to PISTONSthenextDYNASTY for designing the logo, wordmark, and uniforms.

Logo and Wordmark:

legionPrimary.png

Uniforms:

legionUnis.png

The helmets on those uniforms are incorrect though, they would be using the following helmet:

LegionHelmet2.png

I took it on myself, though, to come up with the field design. It's not completely finished, but it's located here (please click to see the full design).

2078239989_12efe58494.jpg

Comments and critiques welcome!

LvZYtbZ.png

I love the field design - I haven't seen one done in this format before - 3D tilted. Very nice - I like the gold/tan turf.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I love the field design - I haven't seen one done in this format before - 3D tilted. Very nice - I like the gold/tan turf.
Thank you. For the record, I did the field in Google SketchUp, which is a 3D building program. The tan field should evoke thoughts of the sand that would have been found on the floor of the Flavian Amphitheatre.

LvZYtbZ.png

I understand what you're trying to do with the helmet design, but to me it ends up looking like a furrowed brow in the front and a "hot dog neck" in the back. Perhaps if you made the helmet a little bit more bronze, it would look less like flesh.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I like everything but the helmet. I like the idea, but it just doesn't look good here. Could be one of those things where it looks good on an actual helmet, I dunno. I LOVE the field design though. The roman numerals are a great touch.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Guest darkpiranha

For fun, you ought to try putting an armor/skirt design on the pants, like what the actual Roman soldiers wore.

And I saw someone else incorporate a sword shape in their design somewhere for their ancient military motif (Conquistadors, maybe?) and it looked pretty cool. Maybe down the sides of the jersey.

But I'm just looking for fun alternatives. I wouldn't change a thing about this.

Archived