Quad City River Bandits

Ez Street

As the one time voice of Quad City River Bandits baseball - I am very happy to see the organization return to its roots and re-connect with its past. The logo imo is fine - the colors work very well - although had they decided to go with the previous logo and the red & black color scheme I wouldn't have minded either.

For those who have never been to John O'Donnell Stadium, now some corporate name, it is a terrific place to see a ball game - particularly at night, in the summer time, with a River Boat slowly making its way past the park on the river.

The Bandits are back baby!

riverbandits.com is now showing a cap in their rotating Flash centerpiece.

It's the raccoon/baseball part of the logo, all black cap with a gold outline around the logo. I'm still partial to the original, and hope it or a modernization of it becomes an alt or a BP cap, but if not, these are OK. A bit large, a bit Peoria Chiefs-esque with the large animal head, but hey it's the Midwest League, not MLB.

I'm really getting sick of the gratuitous use of animals in logos for teams with names that have no obvious relation to animals.

I've seen many Bandit teams with raccoons in the logo. Aren't raccoons considered the bandits of the animal kingdom? Picking and scavenging through garbage and such?

It's not like it was an arbitrary combination of nickname and animal.

Raccoons also have the "black mask" pattern in the fur around their eyes.

I always seem to be a couple days let getting in on the QC topics. Anyways, I am thrilled they returned to the River Bandits name, but definately agree that the logo is a bit cluttered. And no more John O'Donnell? Modern Woodmen just doesn't do it for me.

I never really cared for the Swing identity as a whole, but I did like the caps. The funky numbers just threw everything off. Let's hope the current set comes with some classy uniforms.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

I played on a summer league team that used the River Bandits Identity a couple summers ago. I loved the baseball bandit logo but always thought it could use an update. Although I think the cowboy hat is a little much, the update is pretty much exactly what I thought the update should look like.

I figured, since I know you're not a fan of the original...

Yet, I find this to be a perfectly acceptable logo... because it is well-designed and an alternate mark. In fact, it is vastly superior to the old Quad City River Bandits' "ball-and-bandana" logo.

The old "ball-and-bandana" logo was a rudimentary piece of crap that verged on Clip-Art. Nothing more, nothing less. Further, it didn't strike me as being visually interesting enough to serve as a primary mark.

This new version of the "ball-and-bandana" mark has been rendered in a far more visually pleasing style. The inclusion of the hat also serves to tie the logo into the overall branding scheme much more coherently. As an alternate mark to to the primary logo featuring the raccoon, this logo is quite nice.

I figured, since I know you're not a fan of the original...

Yet, I find this to be a perfectly acceptable logo... because it is well-designed and an alternate mark. In fact, it is vastly superior to the old Quad City River Bandits' "ball-and-bandana" logo.

The old "ball-and-bandana" logo was a rudimentary piece of crap that verged on Clip-Art. Nothing more, nothing less. Further, it didn't strike me as being visually interesting enough to serve as a primary mark.

This new version of the "ball-and-bandana" mark has been rendered in a far more visually pleasing style. The inclusion of the hat also serves to tie the logo into the overall branding scheme much more coherently. As an alternate mark to to the primary logo featuring the raccoon, this logo is quite nice.

Although -- for now -- I still prefer the original (admittedly possibly for sentimental reasons only at this point ), with this new alt available for comparison I can see where you've been coming from for all this time. (And now looking at them side by side, it seems the new one might have a bit more "life" to it.)

2413994780088861573PoleiS_th.jpgbaseballbandit.jpg

Archived