Fixing The Flyers

capn89

I probably stand alone with this opinion. I prefer the new stripe style between the arms. I was almost never a fan of the thin black line, it's been used for so long and it represents 3 or 4 Stanley Cup Final losses. While many teams changed, they remained the same and I got more and more fed up of them, and I was always waiting for them to be on the "We have new uniforms" list.

Great job! This stays more close to there other jerseys

more close? closer?

to be honest, i don't think the slight change in striping makes a difference...

in the grand scheme of the identity, one stripe vs. two stripes doesn't fix anything... sorry

I think two stripes is infinitely better than one stripe, if only for the reason that the one thick stripe makes the colored shoulders look like short-sleeve t-shirts, and having two stripes allows that color to extend further down the arm to at least the elbow.

It doesn't even have to be done just like the previous version - even if the current striping was used, but the shoulder color added as piping or a thin stripe right above the black wrist, it would be an improvement.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I probably stand alone with this opinion. I prefer the new stripe style between the arms. I was almost never a fan of the thin black line, it's been used for so long and it represents 3 or 4 Stanley Cup Final losses. While many teams changed, they remained the same and I got more and more fed up of them, and I was always waiting for them to be on the "We have new uniforms" list.

My biggest problems with the new (and even old) uniforms are A) the striping isn't TERRIBLE, but it's ill-conceived. It's too high, and makes the design seem awkward the way it ends so abruptly. B) the sleeve striping is radically different than the socks... then again, so were the old jerseys. I have no emotional attachment to any Flyers jersey and wouldn't mind a complete redesign, just as long as the uniforms were, well, UNIFORM. :P

Thank you, much.

more close? closer?

to be honest, i don't think the slight change in striping makes a difference...

in the grand scheme of the identity, one stripe vs. two stripes doesn't fix anything... sorry

No problem. :)

I think two stripes is infinitely better than one stripe, if only for the reason that the one thick stripe makes the colored shoulders look like short-sleeve t-shirts, and having two stripes allows that color to extend further down the arm to at least the elbow.

It doesn't even have to be done just like the previous version - even if the current striping was used, but the shoulder color added as piping or a thin stripe right above the black wrist, it would be an improvement.

This is similar to what I said above. The way the design is now, it just seems to end way too soon on the arm and makes it look odd.

Make the orange the primary and you have yourself a winner. I HATE the black homes... they don't say Flyers to me... if they were to be the alt once again I'd be a very happy person (and maybe make me hate that team a little less.)

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Make the orange the primary and you have yourself a winner. I HATE the black homes... they don't say Flyers to me... if they were to be the alt once again I'd be a very happy person (and maybe make me hate that team a little less.)

I agree, they should have orange as their home jersey, I was simply going off of what they have. If it was up to me (and most Flyer fans) we'd be the ORANGE & Black again, for crying out loud.

I actually prefer the new, solid striping. It looks a little more like the old 70s Flyer uniforms. But I don't like the way they come up in the middle to a point.....they'd look much better if the black didn't overlap the middle trim and touch the shoulder color.

I've been trying to design an orange jersey with mostly black sleeves and a black jersey with mostly orange sleeves, but I haven't been able to come up with one that works. The black uniforms don't have enough orange in them.

Archived