Browns to get new uniforms?

buckeyes

I really hope they do a major overhaul - Orange jerseys, with minimal brown trim (it's an ugly color). White helmet, white pants, logo on the helmet. Snazzy striping!

The Browns current uniforms are and always have been one of the ugliest in pro sports. I'd love it if they had the balls to change.... But I know they don't.

:lol:

:rolleyes:

Whatever, dork!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had this question before about the NFL's "5 year rule"... what constitutes an official change? I'm not poisitive about the timing of all of this, but I think when the Rams came out with their current Navy-Gold look, the first year jersey had traditional block-style numbers and a gold side panel. One year later the current number font replaced the old numbers (unfortunately), and a year or two later the gold side panel disappeared (thankfully). So both of these changes were to the jersey, and both within the five years.

Anybody have an explaination?

Something tells me while I don't like it that there is some truth to Winslow's comments. Nobody from the organization has addressed why Winslow thought they were changing . I mean he even mentioned what the new uni's might look like. I have to believe they have had some concepts drawn up and have shown them to the players. Maybe when they gauged fan reaction and focus groups they got such a bad reaction that now they are back pedaling.

May I respectfully suggest to Mr. Winslow and Mr. Edwards: get over yourselves! The Browns' look has been good enough for all-time greats like Otto Graham, Leroy Kelly, Gary Collins, and Jim Brown, so believe me, gentlemen, it's good enough for you.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived