Browns to get new uniforms?

buckeyes

Something about the Browns identity just screams "traditional." You can't have the name Browns and match it up with modern striping. It will clash so bad.

You said it Jezus...

I'm a Pats fan first and foremost, but I've followed the Browns on the side since Romeo took over in Cleveland. They have a great uniform already, I don't understand the need to tweak such a traditionally great uniform based on a player's whim.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today on the radio i heard, while i was flipping through, "browns getting new uniforms". i thought of it as a joke and kept changing it. i came home and googled it and sure enough in kellen winslow's article in penthouse he said that the browns are getting new uniforms for next season. i am not sure how positive this is, but im sure we will find out soon. here's some links.

Winslow says new unis

I thought this was a joke until a friend sent me this pic:

Braylon

holy crap

He also sent me another pic of a jersey. I obviously am not promoting the validity of any of the pics I've posted; I just though it was interesting that these corresponded with this thread:

Browns Jersey

That looks like a photoshop job of a Bowling Green jersey...but I could be wrong.

I'm calling bull- :censored: but...

If anything is in the works it's probably a new alternate jersey or uniform. There is no way they'll completely overhaul the look. The uniforms they have now are the best they've ever had. And the fans would go ape- :censored: if The Browns switched to one of those abominations that teams like the Vikings, Cardinals, and Bengals wear.

The traditionalists (read people with good taste) among us can relax. The "modernize" & "update" crew can go back to salivating over the Vikings in all purple. The Browns won't do anything drastic.

BB52Big.jpg

I'm calling bull- :censored:

As am I.

Paul Lukas had, I think, the best response:

All this speculation about the Browns supposedly getting new unis next year (occasioned by a Kellen Winslow interview in Penthouse, which I?d say are a source and a venue of roughly equal repute) is getting out of hand. It?s all bull :censored: ? the Brownies got new unis last season, which means they?re locked into their current design for at least three more years.

Today on the radio i heard, while i was flipping through, "browns getting new uniforms". i thought of it as a joke and kept changing it. i came home and googled it and sure enough in kellen winslow's article in penthouse he said that the browns are getting new uniforms for next season. i am not sure how positive this is, but im sure we will find out soon. here's some links.

Winslow says new unis

I thought this was a joke until a friend sent me this pic:

Braylon

Does anybody else see what I see in that picture? The serviceman on the sideline looks like he's got someone else's head on his shoulders. It looks like a poorly executed photoshop head transplant!

That's a pretty good photoshop job that was done there! Betcha no one would know that underneath all the Photoshop make-up is a picture of Javon Walker in a Denver Broncos uniform. I have that exact same image at home. But still...slick work!

(And by the way...if the Brownies do adopt a new uni, which I don't see happening, then dear GOD do NOT let it be anything like that mock-up!! ^_^ )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Browns spokesperson says the rumors of new uniforms are completely untrue.

http://blogs.clevescene.com/cnotes/2007/12...o_change_in.php

That very well could be true, but remember - the Cardinals were denying any plans for a new logo and uniforms up until about a week or two before the logo was unveiled.

"Thank you for contacting the Cleveland Browns. By League rules the uniforms must stay the same for five years after a change. Given that we are only (two) years into the change, we are not able to make further changes until after the 2010 season. (The only change this year will be to remove the 60th Anniversary logo."

More Browns' Jersey Looks:

Vickers

Looks like someone photo-shopped a Jets, Broncos, and Indy Jersey

Well it looks like the most we'll probably see next year is an alternate. In my world, the only change the Browns need is a return to wearing the orange pants.

AMEN!

I love the orange pants, bring them back!

I just hate how every pair of pants in the NFL are wearing the "dazzle" material.

Under some lighting they look like crap!

RoyeCle.jpg

But these, on the other hand,

Bsipecle2.jpg

Me like :D

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Well it looks like the most we'll probably see next year is an alternate. In my world, the only change the Browns need is a return to wearing the orange pants.

AMEN!

I love the orange pants, bring them back!

I just hate how every pair of pants in the NFL are wearing the "dazzle" material.

Under some lighting they look like crap!

RoyeCle.jpg

But these, on the other hand,

Bsipecle2.jpg

Me like :D

-gets on soapbox-

I hate the "dazzle" material. The dazzle material is the reason why the Cowboys pants look as bad as they do right now, they make the Browns orange pants look bad, and they basically make any metallic color look real bad. If they could go back to the plain-type material, but somehow upgrade the fabric, then that would be great. They're already doing it in college, let's see if they can get it done in the NFL...

Brownie Fans can sleep at night at last

We were never worried. If we can impose our will on the NFL by keeping our colors and history then getting a guarantee of a team (like we did in 1995) I really don't think we'll have much trouble keeping our uniforms the way we want them. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Archived