An american icon

IronChefShark

Im surprised nobody else commented on the last shot. I thought something as abstract as that would be interesting to share with everyone

I'm surprised, too. When I finally got to see the pics, I wondered why no one had commented on that one. I would have assumed that a pretty high percentage of the people here had an appreciation for the more artistic stuff.

The abstract shots are always worth sharing. I know that when I'm out taking pics, I always try to get some unique shots. It's more fun taking them, and I take more pride in the end result.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im surprised nobody else commented on the last shot. I thought something as abstract as that would be interesting to share with everyone

Looks like one of those crazy pictures you'd find in the National Geographic photography contests. It certainly looks cool, but me, I'm more of a meat-and-potatoes photographer (I don't know how that explains things, but whateer)... take a picture that captures the entire experience... for instance, I'd be more inclined to take a picture of the whole bridge during a crazy sunrise or something like that than a mind-bending photo as is the last one.

Not that I own a camera, or ever really photograph anything of significance...

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Ahhh yes, the Crisis Conseling hotline.  Interesting how they GG Bridge authority does that.  If I remember correctly, I've heard that the GG Bridge is the most popular for those who want to commit suicide.  And on that note, HAVE A NICE DAY!!!   :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

there was an ABC primetime special on the issue of suicide attempts off the GGB. Mainly its because the bridge has sidewalks , which present the opportunity for those with suicidal intentions.

the brooklyn bridge I know has pedestrian walkways, but I believe its walkway is actually on the median of the road and not on the shoulders like they are on the GGB

Yeah the walkway is in the middle of teh Brooklyn Bridge all though I have only seen it from a distance and a boat.

Those aqre great pics again SHB, how much doe sit cost to ride across it?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

you mean the toll?

well.....get ready.....$5!  :o  

Im serious! its because the GGB is owned by the Golden Gate National Recreational Area and its operated by the Golden Gate Transit Authority. In essence, its privately owned, so no tax dollars go torwards its upkeep.

the bay bridge and all the other bridges are owned by the state of California and operated by the California Dept. of transportation (CalTrans) and toll on those bridges as of now is $2, with a possible hike to $3 looming to help fund the replacement of the eastern span of the bay bridge.

as far as walking or riding a bike on the GGB though, its free!

Wow well its something like taht too to go through the LIncoln Tunnel, though I have only gone by bus so I m not sure of the exact toll.

Here in NJ we have pay highways Garden State Parkway and NJ Turnpike so we know all about tolls.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Next time I get the chance to get up to San Fran from here in Bakersfield, I'll remember to watch out for missles coming off the GGB. :D  Great pics, Shark. I absolutely love San Francisco. It just has this beauty about it that can only be experienced by going there. We'll have to coordinate a trip to a 49er game with all the California ppeople from this board. Might be fun, eh?

NASCAR. Done. |

nextel_cup_logo.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I was standing directly below the tower right against the guard rail that separates the walkway from the actual roadway.

another interesting GGB note: at night during foggy weather the bridge is equipped with foghorns, and they suspiciously sound exactly like the one that is activated at the Shark Tank when the Sharks score! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow those are nice.

Hey shark can I make a request the next time you go around SBC Park can you take a pic standing on McCovey cove on that walkway by RF towards the water and looking toward the field.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Wow those are nice.

Hey shark can I make a request the next time you go around SBC Park can you take a pic standing on McCovey cove on that walkway by RF towards the water and looking toward the field.

I tried to get that today, but the field was being worked on and the pics would have come out crappy

Archived