Syracuse Football's Confusing Clusterfluff to Continue

Waffles

Expect more tweaking of the uniforms in 2008. White will be re-introduced on the numbers of the blue jerseys and down the blue stripe of the orange pants. Gotta have some relief from the color saturation of the home ensemble. That's really why the team wore the white jerseys for the final home game of the season against Cincinnati. The Orange jerseys, which were total duds, are done. Enjoy this look while you can because a full redesign could be coming in 2009. Me, I'd like to see the Orange pull out the 1959 style uniform, especially with The Express coming out this year.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/20...ay_notes_2.html

Oy vey. On the one hand, I would like to see a change, if only because the football and basketball teams look like they play in different centuries and the lack of sport-to-sport visual congruity at SU has always bothered me. On the other hand, by the time they do the possible full redesign for 2009, they will have gone though five uniform changes in five years, by my count. That's European soccer territory right there.

I'm tired of all the changing at SU, but considering I always gasp when I see the current sets of football unis, I'm anticipating the 2009 total redesign.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Yeah the current colors used in the uniforms just look really bad together. That orange is really bright, almost neon, and the blue is almost black, and when you put the two colors together with no white for relief it's pretty brutal. And while I'm usually a fan of gray facemasks, this is not a situation where it's beneficial.

I'd like to see McNabb era unis with the current helmet and a navy mask.

There it is. For all of this, they never should have changed.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived