From ESPN: Ranking the QB Super Bowl Performances

DarkJourney

And just like in everything else, Brett Favre and Joe Namath are overrated.

Jigga, please!

Namath I won't argue with you about, but the Packers don't win SB XXXI without Favre.

Sorry, I should have said which Favre one...I'm talking about the game he lost to Elway.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

And just like in everything else, Brett Favre and Joe Namath are overrated.

Jigga, please!

Namath I won't argue with you about, but the Packers don't win SB XXXI without Favre.

Sorry, I should have said which Favre one...I'm talking about the game he lost to Elway.

Oh. Well in that case, you have a strong point. :)

nav-logo.png

As a person who has seen every Super Bowl (on TV, of course), I'd have to agree with this list.

But I'd switch 1 and 2 around. As good as Montana was, that performance by Young is still so memorable. Young was so on that day.

Naah, 1990 Montana was a complete and systematic destruction. It was brutal, cold and calculating. The Broncos could have stacked 20-deep and Montana would have still threaded the mid-range lasers to Rice & Taylor like no one's business. Complete command from the head honcho.

Probably the best game i've EVER seen from a QB. To this day.

As a person who has seen every Super Bowl (on TV, of course), I'd have to agree with this list.

But I'd switch 1 and 2 around. As good as Montana was, that performance by Young is still so memorable. Young was so on that day.

Naah, 1990 Montana was a complete and systematic destruction. It was brutal, cold and calculating. The Broncos could have stacked 20-deep and Montana would have still threaded the mid-range lasers to Rice & Taylor like no one's business. Complete command from the head honcho.

Probably the best game i've EVER seen from a QB. To this day.

Yeah, but a 55-10 blowout doesn't show what a QB can do under pressure. A 16-13 deficit with less than two minutes left and 90+ yards of field between you and the goal line does.

nav-logo.png

Speaking of Super Bowl QBs, ESPN has an article up about David Woodley, the other Dolphins QB in the 80's to go to a Super Bowl, and lose. Sad story.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/n...mp;lid=tab1pos1

He basically came out of nowhere to lead the Dolphins to the Super bowl during the strike shortened 1982 season. The running game and the defense carried that team.

Archived