Austin Aztex

rainmaker17

I get it. I don't like because it is incredibly contrived and reflects a culture that was never indigenous to Texas, but I get it.

Actually, Comanches are related to Aztecs. They come from the same language family.

Is naming a team from Texas the Aztecs/Aztex really all that different from a team in Minnesota calling itself the Vikings?

Not really.

My beef is more with the "Tex" part. If they were the "Aztecs", then it would be no different than the Los Angeles Aztecs (which never bothered me).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The new crest-style logo is far superior to the crap they had before. It bears a resemblance to Atletico Madrid.

It's still crap though.

It's like if you take a required standardized test for graduation. You need to get 70% to pass, but you only get 15%. You're granted a retest after such a horrible failure, and you get a 60%. 60% is a vast improvement, but still...

FAIL. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The new crest-style logo is far superior to the crap they had before. It bears a resemblance to Atletico Madrid.

It's still crap though.

It's like if you take a required standardized test for graduation. You need to get 70% to pass, but you only get 15%. You're granted a retest after such a horrible failure, and you get a 60%. 60% is a vast improvement, but still...

FAIL. :P

So if my advanced math is correct....... failed the first time + failed the retest = no graduation. Got it.

bad name, bad logo, bad kit. back to the drawing boards, boys. if they rejected houston 1836, why isn't there more :censored:e being flung over this?

Because this is a lower division soccer team, and most of Austin doesn't give a rat's arse about non-University of Texas sports reportedly.

Correction: non-University of Texas sports and the Dallas Cowboys. And there is no reportedly about it. Austinite sports fans care about the Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys, in that order. Anything and everything else is a distant third.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

New logo is okay, but unfortunately their name is still the Aztex

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived