Austin Aztex

rainmaker17

Well I'm insulted.

Seriously though, thats a bad logo, its like they tried to appeal to both Texans and Mexicans (and only Mexicans as the Aztec Empire was entirely in Mexico) and to do that they literally took symbols of Texas (the flag and Astros star) and Mexico (the Pyramid) and clip-arted them together. Then they try to get hip and call the team "aztex" instead of "aztecs" and to further things they use about six different colors. Oh and the soccer ball really is horrible.

14ilxq9.png

Amen to above and i HATE alliteration (Cleveland Cavaliers, Seattle Sonics, Jacksonville Jaguires) Those teams never seem to sound right or have anything to do with the actual location (save Seattle) and seems forced. And again the Aztecs never made it that far north.

Amen to above and i HATE alliteration (Cleveland Cavaliers, Seattle Sonics, Jacksonville Jaguires) Those teams never seem to sound right or have anything to do with the actual location (save Seattle) and seems forced. And again the Aztecs never made it that far north.

I repent, I like the Stoke City logo better than the AzTeX crap.

And the jersey....

ausjersey.jpg

Ah...when I thought the identity couldn't get worse, they release the jersey. Simply horrible. Looks like a Chivas reject jersey. Everything sucks about this...the colors, the name, the jersey.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Aztecs.

Texas.

AzTEX.

I get it. I don't like because it is incredibly contrived and reflects a culture that was never indigenous to Texas, but I get it.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Is naming a team from Texas the Aztecs/Aztex really all that different from a team in Minnesota calling itself the Vikings?

Still not sure if I think the name is creative as hell or reeks of pandering...

bad name, bad logo, bad kit. back to the drawing boards, boys. if they rejected houston 1836, why isn't there more :censored:e being flung over this?

Because this is a lower division soccer team, and most of Austin doesn't give a rat's arse about non-University of Texas sports reportedly.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Aztecs.

Texas.

AzTEX.

I get it. I don't like because it is incredibly contrived and reflects a culture that was never indigenous to Texas, but I get it.

Congratulations! You just walked yourself through the exact same FIVE second process the marketing team went through while creating this identity. ^_^

The only difference is that little thing called 'sensibility' that was evident in your last sentence. If THEY had some sensibility, then maybe they would have canned this crappy idea and started over completely.

Looks like a Chivas reject jersey.

Close, but no cigar. The red and white stripes are the scheme of Stoke City FC, of the Football League Championship in England, the parent club of this new team.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• 9 months later...
the new logo is MUCH better

Sadly, it is . . .

. . . despite boring copperplate (or something damn close) text, a fairly uninspired bottom half of the crest and an out-of-place beveled gold star . . . and a silly, contrived name.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Actually, Comanches are related to Aztecs. They come from the same language family.

Is naming a team from Texas the Aztecs/Aztex really all that different from a team in Minnesota calling itself the Vikings?

Not really.

Archived