72 shots on goal

OMMF

I do know there was 73 shots in a NHL game.... Quebec Nordiques vs Boston Bruins back in the early 1990s.... the Nords goalie turned away 70 of teh 73 shots thru the 4 periods (3 plus overtime)....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I do know there was 73 shots in a NHL game.... Quebec Nordiques vs Boston Bruins back in the early 1990s.... the Nords goalie turned away 70 of teh 73 shots thru the 4 periods (3 plus overtime)....
I happen to remember Ron Tugnutt making close to 70 saves in a Flyers-Penguins game (Thursday, May 4, 2000)... only allowed two goals, to boot.

LvZYtbZ.png

I happen to remember Ron Tugnutt making close to 70 saves in a Flyers-Penguins game (Thursday, May 4, 2000)... only allowed two goals, to boot.

I'm fairly certain Tugnutt was also the goalie in the Nordiques-Bruins game that NorthStar is referencing

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I'm fairly certain Tugnutt was also the goalie in the Nordiques-Bruins game that NorthStar is referencing

Yep Ron Tugnutt the one I was referring to.. I do remmy the highreels of that game and after that game was over the entire Boston Bruins team went over to him and congratulated him on the amazing game he had with the stopping of 70 shots... whew...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I think I'd be having a little chat with my defensemen after 74 shots on goal.

To be fair, with injuries, Portland has been playing with 3-4 defencemen per game.

... and they're last in the entire WHL ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

I saw a Thunderbirds/Winterhawks game a couple of weeks ago. I was disappointed in how uncompetitive the game was; Portland sucks.

As far as most interesting stats at a game I've gone to? I went to a Giants/Yankees interleague game at the Stadium a few years back. It was a huge deal, because it was supposed to be the first ever meeting of Clemens and Bonds. What did I see? Three walks. Booooring.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived