Chicago Bears (way) Throwback

totc

A very interesting find. I especially enjoyed the little blurb that was written up under the picture of the jersey. That blurb made me think too. It stated that Halas liked to experiment and that the Bears had alternate orange jerseys from that era. Were those the same jerseys (shirts, anyway) that the Bears wore on Thanksgiving against the Cowboys a few years back? They were orange, with three blue stripes and blue numerals with white outlines. (And they had some really weird helmets: navy with a navy facemask but with the all white "C" logo. That's like shades of the '94 Bills throwback helmet. Close but no cigar.) I know the font on this jersey and on those are different, but not by too much.

Good grief - that is interesting. all the old videos i've seen of Bronko Nagurski and stuff didnt feature that jersey (I know he retired in the early 40's but still it was the same era). I've never seen this jersey before. Great find, bud.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

A very interesting find. I especially enjoyed the little blurb that was written up under the picture of the jersey. That blurb made me think too. It stated that Halas liked to experiment and that the Bears had alternate orange jerseys from that era. Were those the same jerseys (shirts, anyway) that the Bears wore on Thanksgiving against the Cowboys a few years back? They were orange, with three blue stripes and blue numerals with white outlines.

I think it might well have been.

It's easy (and lucrative) to experiment with your team's jerseys when you own the company that makes them....

Archived