My hockey fanhood is for sale...

TFoA

glad to see you stuck with the home team, as im finding out, sticking with the home team will reap its rewards. most years the Caps are just God awful, and they still have a ways to go before becoming a real contender, but when a young and budding team starts to get the mojo goin, and the confidence starts up and they start winning some games, its so much fun and you feel real proud of them. im feeling this right now and i know Hawks fans and Thrashers fans are too. its alot of fun. good on ya stickin with the home team.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
glad to see you stuck with the home team, as im finding out, sticking with the home team will reap its rewards. most years the Caps are just God awful, and they still have a ways to go before becoming a real contender, but when a young and budding team starts to get the mojo goin, and the confidence starts up and they start winning some games, its so much fun and you feel real proud of them. im feeling this right now and i know Hawks fans and Thrashers fans are too. its alot of fun. good on ya stickin with the home team.

Amen.

Take it form a pens fan, when your hometown team emerges from probably the darkest years in its history (and nearly moves) and becomes one of the most promising clubs in the league, its pretty freakin' awesome.

I mean, seriously, us pens fans have almost forgotten the years with Edzo as coach and Dick Tarnstorm being expected to lead the team in scoring for the 76 games Lemieux wouldnt play.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Tonight was a damn good night for Atlanta hockey...first off, there was a standing room only crowd at the game tonight, secondly, the Gwinnett Gladiators drew over 10,000 at their game, and thirdly, the Thrashers won a 2-1 OT thriller in front of the home crowd. Very entertaining game, and a good night for Hockeytown South. lol.

Well, I made mention earlier, but at that point, I was only bidding.

I just won a $40 eBay auction for this beauty:

thrashers550.jpg

After shipping costs are included, I can say that Flame's hockey team ambiguity cost me $50. Nicely done.

Let me know when you get it. I won a jersey from the same guy and haven't received an email or even a confirmation of receipt of payment. Granted, it was 4 days ago but I figured I would have received something about it being shipped, thanks for the fast payment, etc.

Nevermind. It arrived today and was exactly what I ordered. No worries on my end.

I'm still waiting on my jersey!!! I filed a claim with eBay saying the package never arrived and the dude never responded to any emails we sent him (for some reason I think he is a seasonal seller... but it doesn't mean he can't check his email, eh?) and we have yet to recieve the package after 2 months. I just want that jersey, I'd wait another month for it if I had to... but hell, that thing is so hard to find... at least I may get my money back...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

while we could always use another good Islanders fan..I say stick with the hometown squad, shows you have pride in where you live..

You're about 2 pages too late... if you had read ANY of this thread, you will know he already picked to stick with the little brown, state recognized birds of Georgia.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Its the cup or bust.
BOTH Ottawa and Montreal lost to us... quite sad, really. I don't care if we don't make the playoffs... as long as we screw with Montreal and Ottawa's positions in the standings. ^_^

Its the cup or bust.
BOTH Ottawa and Montreal lost to us... quite sad, really. I don't care if we don't make the playoffs... as long as we screw with Montreal and Ottawa's positions in the standings. ^_^

Hey now... that only counts in the playoffs. Its not enough to just make it there, but if you do, the goal is to go all the way, not just be happy with getting there and selling a few more tickets and jerseys.

If we don't make it there, we can't go for the cup, so until we can actually win some games, I'll take any perks I can, such as beating the three top teams in the league all in the same week. ^_^

I mean... I'm a Leafs fan... I need to be grasping for straws when it comes to things to be proud of...

Gotta love it when someone is bored enough to go and take quotes out of context to try and sound witty.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Its the cup or bust.

Hey now... that only counts in the playoffs. Its not enough to just make it there, but if you do, the goal is to go all the way, not just be happy with getting there and selling a few more tickets and jerseys.

If we don't make it there, we can't go for the cup, so until we can actually win some games, I'll take any perks I can, such as beating the three top teams in the league all in the same week. ^_^

I mean... I'm a Leafs fan... I need to be grasping for straws when it comes to things to be proud of...

Gotta love it when someone is bored enough to go and take quotes out of context to try and sound witty.

stickin with the hometown team eh neon?

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

stickin with the hometown team eh neon?

I used to be a Kings fan.

Had the Gretzky jersey and all sorts of his hockey instructional video tapes. Then in my later years (once the Great One had left to St. Louis and later, New York) I saw the light, and switched to the blue and white. I still have a soft spot for the Kings though, I own last seasons home and a 1988 pro Black Kings jersey, as well as two Kings t-shirts (current logo and a vintage one with the Chevy logo on it). I almost bought a current home Kopitar jersey (because that kid ROCKS) or even a Bernier jersey, but I decided against it.

Mind you, at the time of my love affair with the Kings and the Great One, I was a big Jays fan (aka loved playing baseball and getting free stuff from my uncle who worked there when they were winning the World Series in back to back years... sadly I threw out most of that stuff in my younger days, if only I understood the idea of 'collectible').

So neh! :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

thats ok, in my younger days (yes, because of the movies) i was a Ducks fan, i had a jersey and everything, if i look hard enough im sure i can find it again. then i saw Peter Bondra play, and that was all she wrote, i was hooked on the Caps. now my kid gets to grow up idolizing Alex Ovechkin, isnt life grand?

thats ok, in my younger days (yes, because of the movies) i was a Ducks fan, i had a jersey and everything, if i look hard enough im sure i can find it again. then i saw Peter Bondra play, and that was all she wrote, i was hooked on the Caps. now my kid gets to grow up idolizing Alex Ovechkin, isnt life grand?

One day, when (if?) I have kids, I will make sure they don a Leafs jersey with our captain John Tavares' number 91 on the back. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I have a feeling they'll get Tavares, but then a conspiracy starts about how the leafs cheated in the lottery :P

It isn't a conspiracy when the team can't buy a win. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Screw you guys. Tampa is getting Tavares. :P

Oh, and growing up I was a Penguins fan because they were the closest team to where I lived. (West Virginia, and the Blue Jackets weren't around yet obviously). I became a Lightning fan when I moved to Florida about 8 years ago.

I started with St. Louis when I was young (big Hull fan), then Montreal, who I still cheer for, and the Leafs, who I sometimes question why I do...

As long as Tavares spends next season in Oshawa, he can go anywhere for all I care (except Ottawa and Buffalo, I have limits). Just remember that he's not draft eligible this year, so any team wanting him has to suck ass next year or make a big trade. Stamkos is the big deal this year, He could go great with Vinnie/St. Louis or set-up a 2nd line well

Archived