Panthers logo

Pat

is it just me or does the carolina oanthers logo in the shape of the carolina states?

i may be going logo crazy on this one :laugh:

Pantherslogo_200x110.JPG

usmap_ssc1.gif(the green saes on the east coast if your geography challenged)

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I think this was dicussed on the FanHome board, but not sure if it was discussed here. Yes, it does to me, but with a slight stretch.

Actually, after designing the logo, the creators then relized that it slightly resembled them.

Kinds funny. :laugh:

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

It was ment to have an apperance of the states, without actually being a true-to-life outline. It remember when the logo first came out, i thought it was hiseous, but after you looked at it, and got the reason behing it, it actually makes it a unique and clever logo...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I think the new NBA Charlotte Bobcats logo looks like North Carolina.

The Panthers logo was intentionally supposed to have the shape of the combined NC and SC. I remember them saying so when they announced the logo.

I don't think they've ever announced a connection between the Bobcats logo and the shape of NC, though. Maybe I'm just seein' things.

yes, the owners wanted to include South Carolina as well as North Carolina as the "home state".  Charlotte is on the border smack in the center, but draw fans from the mountains to the coast.  the Panthers have summer camp Wofford College (J. Richardson's an alum) in Spartanburg, SC (1 1/2 hr. south I-85).

as for the Bobcats, who knows what they were thinking.  they've alot to prove to this area, made all too worse by the last NBA team, the Hornets.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Looking like the Carolinas is what makes that real good logo, I noticed that when it was first introduced at the expansion press confernce in 1993.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think the new NBA Charlotte Bobcats logo looks like North Carolina.

The Panthers logo was intentionally supposed to have the shape of the combined NC and SC. I remember them saying so when they announced the logo.

I don't think they've ever announced a connection between the Bobcats logo and the shape of NC, though. Maybe I'm just seein' things.

Actually, I know the guy who created the Bobcats logo...he told me that the old Michigan Panthers (USFL) logo was somewhat of an inspiration for it...not sure about the state-shape-thingamabob...

Archived