Minnesota Wild

kokopelli

Ok, here goes....this is my first posted work - Hopefully not a George Harrison "He's So Fine" "My Sweet Lord" Moment. Meaning: I hope I didn't accidentally re-create something that has all ready been done. If so, my aplogies to the original designer and the board. (kinda hard to be original) Also, credit to template creators without their work I couldn't have done this. Thanks for letting me ramble...on to the pics and some feedback.

Cheers :P

Wild.jpg

Had a little trouble placing logos on shoulders above - so went without, refer to second pic for shoulder patch

Wild1.jpg

Nawwww.

...Because...

Very good for a first time! I like the retro look, it fits with what they currently have. The sleeve striping seems a bit heavy to me, I think there needs to be more green lower on the cuff, where the red is. Make it look more like the bottom of the body of the jersey.

*Edit: This is post #666 for me on this board! Ahhhh!

Nawwww.

...Because...

Very good for a first time! I like the retro look, it fits with what they currently have. The sleeve striping seems a bit heavy to me, I think there needs to be more green lower on the cuff, where the red is. Make it look more like the bottom of the body of the jersey.

*Edit: This is post #666 for me on this board! Ahhhh!

I purposely double posted at 665 so it would skip 666 haha.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I love what you did. It has many similarities to next year's 3rd jersey (you knew that right?). It's flipping amazing. Everything you've done has been done quite well. Nice colors, retro look, no piping, no overuse of striping. Just remove the wild logo from the shoulders, it seems out of place on that jersey. If this is only your first work, you really need to make more.

I like this. Pretty sharp for a first-time concept. Might I also suggest different lettering for the nameplate, something that fits the retro theme of this jersey? And save it in .PNG, looks much cleaner compared to saving it as a .JPG file. Other than that, great work. Hope you've got more coming.

temp.png

TorontoMapleLeafs1.png

Great work. I would love to see something like this as a 3rd jersey. Its got a great old school vibe. My only advice as far as design goes is to make the sleeve stripes match the ones at the bottom of the jersey. Oh and the .PNG thing. It really makes the world of a difference.

I said "Nawwww" because it just doesn't look right. For a lot of reasons.

First, don't put Minnesota on a hockey jersey. You put Minnesota on a hockey jersey and people think Gophers, not Wild.

Second, the lettering is too narrow. During a game you wouldn't be able to see the lettering very well.

Third, the Wild have one of the lousiest names in all of sports, but have compensated with a great logo. You're not utilizing the logo, which is a must for a team named Wild.

All in all, it doesn't work. Sorry.

Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to view and post your constructive feedback. Special thanks to the folks who offered positives along with their suggestions to change/improve the design,most valauable... very motivated to apply on the next one. I knew going in not everyone was going to like what was created (actually quite scared when I posted, LOL). My goal as a first timer was to post a clean concept with viable design elements as I believe these things are always a work in progress. Also thanks for the tips, ie. saving as a PNG. Never knew that...I'm sure it will all help with future concept designs. Thanks again for all the positive responses.

Cheers,

:D

Archived