designer logo

jsaleska

I am a graphic designer graduating this semester and I need a logo to help market myself as well as to use on my business cards and website.

All of the logos presented here play of the two main letters in my name j and s

I?m not looking for something flashy. I want something that is simple yet unique. I also want something that catches the eye of creative directors.

Which logo do you feel is the best designed? Better yet?which logo would help persuade you to hire me? If you feel those are stupid questions then please just comment on what you like or dont like about them.

3.jpg

I am a graphic designer graduating this semester and I need a logo to help market myself as well as to use on my business cards and website.

All of the logos presented here play of the two main letters in my name j and s

I?m not looking for something flashy. I want something that is simple yet unique. I also want something that catches the eye of creative directors.

Which logo do you feel is the best designed? Better yet?which logo would help persuade you to hire me? If you feel those are stupid questions then please just comment on what you like or dont like about them.

3.jpg

I like #4 the best. I can't even tell what #2 is honestly. I'd say #3 is the second best.

Acchen is all of the above: over used, ugly and bulky, but you can use whatever type you like as long as you use it in a manner befitting its aesthetic. That is to say, if you're going to use Aachen, you'd better make sure you carry the same bold, in-your-face aesthetic throughout your identity or contrast it with something thin and delicate. You'd also better find some unique things to do with the letterforms (stacking? multiple sizes? spacing? color?) to differentiate your identity from all the other Aachen identities around. On your examples, none of them are really giving me goosebumps. I get the SJ in most of them, but they're lacking a certain appeal that makes me want to look at them. Maybe, instead of going the symbol route, you could let your business card speak using a more unique form of 'logo' than this.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I like 1 and 3. 2 looks like a restaurant logo and 4 is too plain even with the border.

I suggest cleaning up the middle of the S so the the letter looks like it is folded to make the J.

Archived