MLB Updates 2008

NJTank

A wealth of information, yes. But I still can't take it seriously.

Tank, you need to seriously proofread your paragraphs and make actual paragraphs out of them. The information is immense, yet it looks like it was written by an 8-year-old. If you want to be taken seriously, at least make it seem like an adult is writting this and not a child.

Secondly, do you honestly have to make a post every time you update a team? I mean, really. Can't you update them all at once and then let us know?

Don't get me wrong -- I know it's a lot of work, but presentation is the key.

I agree with all of that.

But the biggest thing, being 100% serious, is there's no real "pull" to the website of any kind. Information on the internet can be recieved any number of ways, through any number of sources. You can find old box scores, go to baseball-reference and look up a player's stats, you can keep it general through Wikipedia or as specific as you want. What in particular would make a reader choose your site? What's offered that's exclusive? There's no real perspective, and it's not written very well. The design looks like a geocities build your own website out of 1997, and there's nothing about the page that's professional. This board is filled with designers. See if someone would be willing to whip up a template that would look good and be functional, something that your current layout doesn't afford much in either. You say you do all the work yourself, try to find someone else... maybe someone who can help punch up what you type, proofread it and make basic editing, which your writing really does need.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I average over 10,000 hits a day.

So did Ike Turner.

Tank, I believe you put a lot of work into the site, so please don't think I'm knocking your effort. It's all about presentation. Surely you have enough friends here that will help you with that. If you insist on doing it yourself, then you need to make it look better.

philly.png

I average over 10,000 hits a day.

So did Ike Turner.

Tank, I believe you put a lot of work into the site, so please don't think I'm knocking your effort. It's all about presentation. Surely you have enough friends here that will help you with that. If you insist on doing it yourself, then you need to make it look better.

Well who will help I put up this section for error corrections I like the simplistic look of the site and I use a page designer with a FTP up load so I dont know what else I can use.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Sorry, Frank. Forget the graphics -- that I'll forgive. As I said, I'm not questioning the time and effort you're putting in because that's a lot of work to do, and I commend you for it.

But your spelling and grammar make a kindergarten student look like a Rhodes Scholar.

And honestly, if you're willing take the time and effort to update your site, then you should be willing to take the time effort to make yourself sound smart.

If you don't want people to think that you're a moron, then at least ACT like it.

philly.png

Sorry, Frank. Forget the graphics -- that I'll forgive. As I said, I'm not questioning the time and effort you're putting in because that's a lot of work to do, and I commend you for it.

But your spelling and grammar make a kindergarten student look like a Rhodes Scholar.

And honestly, if you're willing take the time and effort to update your site, then you should be willing to take the time effort to make yourself sound smart.

If you don't want people to think that you're a moron, then at least ACT like it.

What are the specific errors I run every thing through spell check. If you see specific errors tell me I fix them.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

I like that Tank's site looks like Tank's site and nothing else.

One comment: You should have the history of the teams in reverse chronological order: newest to oldest. If you're going season by season, it seems more intuitive to go that way. But maybe that's just me.

Also, this link goes nowhere: http://sportsecyclopedia.com/blog.html

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I like that Tank's site looks like Tank's site and nothing else.

One comment: You should have the history of the teams in reverse chronological order: newest to oldest. If you're going season by season, it seems more intuitive to go that way. But maybe that's just me.

Also, this link goes nowhere: http://sportsecyclopedia.com/blog.html

I've not blogged in a year, I guess it expired.

I will admit I am not the greatest writer, but I am getting better and I'm not the best typer but I am getting better, if you look there are fewer errors in recent years as opposed to 2001-2003 when I was building the site.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Just an error that stood out to me on the Mets page...

For ASG MVP's, you spelt John Matlack with 2 t's "Mattlack"...there should only be one T in his name.

(and he was co-MVP with Bill Madlock of the Cubs...if that warrants any designation?)

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• 2 weeks later...

Archived