Eric Lindros Night

zer0dotcom

Took me some time to get the pics online. On Thursday, March 6th, the Oshawa Generals offically retired Eric Lindross' #. So can make the case about his NHL career, wether he is Hall of Fame material or not, but the OHL has spoken about their views, and the Generals team made Lindross' number only the second number to be retired by the team. The team owners in attendance made note that there will not be many other numbers retired (time for them to get off their asses and hang Bobby Orr from the rafters)

Some pictures:

lindrossbench.jpg

Big E chillin on the bench

DSCF0022.jpg

taking the podium

retiredbanners.jpg

Number 88 next to Number 9

DSCF0063.jpg

On Eric Lindross night, the score had to hit 8-8 at some point

Any idea why they won't raise #4?

you mean #2, right?

According to the team, they want to retire Orr's number properly. Bobby Orr is arguably one of the greatest players to ever play, this would be a national event. However, Orr is a very humble individual, and won't go for anything extravagant. When the Civic closed, ex-players came back for a special celebration, and Orr reportedly refused a special introduction and wanted to come out where he should have in sequence.

It's walking a fine line between his wishes and doing justice to one of hte true greats of the game, but I think sooner or later they'll hang his name up there.

Bobby Orr does not want his number retired, he absolutely hates getting special treatment (then again this somehow still happened) -- it gets aggravating when I read articles from so-called reporters slamming the team for not officially retiring it. None of these folk have ever thought of calling the team and asking why?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Bobby Orr does not want his number retired, he absolutely hates getting special treatment (then again this somehow still happened) -- it gets aggravating when I read articles from so-called reporters slamming the team for not officially retiring it. None of these folk have ever thought of calling the team and asking why?

I wonder if there are other schools named for hockey players in Canada. I'd love to go to Tim Horton's High.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Isn't his number 4 retired by the Bruins? :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Any idea why they won't raise #4?

you mean #2, right?

According to the team, they want to retire Orr's number properly. Bobby Orr is arguably one of the greatest players to ever play, this would be a national event. However, Orr is a very humble individual, and won't go for anything extravagant. When the Civic closed, ex-players came back for a special celebration, and Orr reportedly refused a special introduction and wanted to come out where he should have in sequence.

It's walking a fine line between his wishes and doing justice to one of hte true greats of the game, but I think sooner or later they'll hang his name up there.

They'll do it when he is dead, if he won't allow it to be done before hand.

And I'm a Petes fan... I don't know much about the Dirty S'hwa Generals... so my bad for getting his number wrong. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

So, did Lindros' banner crash to the ice sustaining a serious concussion causing it to miss the rest of the season? No? So much for art imitating life.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived