As if the Miami Heat's Season wasn't already over.

TFoA

Dwyane Wade's out for the rest of the season so he can get surgery on his knee. No link yet, just saw it on ESPN.

Miami should tank. They have a darn good chance of finishing dead last.

I don't think I've ever seen go from the best to the worst this fast in my life. TFoA, they don't even have to tank it; I doubt they'd be able to win even if they tried at this point.

I don't think I've ever seen go from the best to the worst this fast in my life. TFoA, they don't even have to tank it; I doubt they'd be able to win even if they tried at this point.

The Bulls went from 62-20 in 1997 to 13-69 in 1998. Granted, they lost Jordan, but still.

The Bulls went from 62-20 in 1997 to 13-69 in 1998. Granted, they lost Jordan, but still.

And Phil Jackson, Scottie Pippen, and Dennis Rodman just to name a few. That was a completely diffent team. They were defending champs only in name.

And Phil Jackson, Scottie Pippen, and Dennis Rodman just to name a few. That was a completely diffent team. They were defending champs only in name.

In the interests of fairness, I must point out the Bulls only went 13-37 (that was the lockout year).

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Is shutting down Wade the first clear tanking move of this NBA season? Or does Memphis trading Gasol for magic beans qualify?

liverpool-1.png

Is shutting down Wade the first clear tanking move of this NBA season? Or does Memphis trading Gasol for magic beans qualify?

I agree with Greg Popovich. I mean, that REALLY was a stupid trade. Why would you trade a guy like that not only in conference, but to Kobe Bryant and the Lakers?! That was seriously idiotic, they basically gave the Lakers a trip to the Western Conference Finals, at least.

I think this is a good thing. Wade has no need to play now. Count your losses, rest up and get ready for next season, which will be with Michael Beasley. This can also give more guys experience. Not surprising and not a bad move.

That's what Boston and Memphis thought last year with Oden and Durant. I wouldn't be surprised to see Miami tank (which they obviously are, they're not even trying to hide it) and get the 5th overall selection. But if they DO get number one, a core of a healthy Wade, Shawn Marion and Michael Beasley is pretty intimidating.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Archived