Shading advice needed for logo

rheistad

hi, i know im not that good at illustrator but every time i make a logo it looks better than the last, only thing i have trouble with is how to do shading and shadows to a logo to add more demensions to it. there is alot of talented people here and i think im probley not the only one who could use their help. so with that said could you help me with what i could do to make this logo look more profesional with shadowing and etc.

c and p

What I usually do is try to find a picture of the subject matter in a similar position, and see how that is shaded. I try to use a maximum of 3 colours for shading (the outline colour, the shade colour, and the normal colour), however sometimes a highlight colour (where the light hits the subject most intensely) can be useful, although adding a fourth colour can quickly make the logo very busy.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Yeah all you need is some good shading IM not that great at making logos I only have paint so I cant help you that much, but that logo is a good start so far.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Try to gather as much research/reference materials as you think you may need to work up a concept. That's how I usually start out. I'd search for images of rhinos in different positions and angles. Try combining aspects of these photo/graphic references into your concept. Try to visualize basic shapes and a light source when thinking about shading. This is just one of the ways you can approach it. You'll get there with more practice. That's how I keep progressing. Good start Rheistad.

Archived