2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

20 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

The Kings only ripped off the Raiders. Their first NHL season was the NBA Lakers' first season in purple(Forum blue) and yellow-gold after years of wearing double blue and white.

The italic KINGS wordmark with the speed lines from the Gretzky era is pretty much identical to the Lakers logo. 

3 hours ago, kroywen said:

Why am I now picturing the Kings in Dodger blue jerseys with red numbers? 

spacer.png

My ideal Kings logo would be a black & silver version of the crown from this logo:

spacer.png

• Like 7

The Kings have never had a sufficient crown logo...  All of them from the "forum blue" version to the one that sits in their current, pencil-point, logo have been overly fussy and detailed.  They just need a simple crown on the front of their jerseys, perhaps with a subtle regional tie-in.

• Like 3

On 12/23/2023 at 3:15 PM, mjarvie said:

What many people don't know is Bruce McNall was looking to change the Kings to a dark blue and silver team because that was the colors of his company. Also when Gretzky showed off the jersey, the league had no idea the Kings were changing their uniforms and it caught the league off-guard. Thus now you have the rule where you have to alert the league of possible change,

Is there a picture of Gretzky with this dark blue and silver jersey? I only remember pictures of him at the press conference with the white/silver/black jersey.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

1 hour ago, Frylock said:

Is there a picture of Gretzky with this dark blue and silver jersey? I only remember pictures of him at the press conference with the white/silver/black jersey.

No that was the original thinking before they changed to black and sliver. Nothing was produced with the dark blue and silver.

• Like 1

On 2023-12-24 at 5:58 PM, Morgan33 said:

The Kings have never had a sufficient crown logo...  All of them from the "forum blue" version to the one that sits in their current, pencil-point, logo have been overly fussy and detailed.  They just need a simple crown on the front of their jerseys, perhaps with a subtle regional tie-in.

They do have a simplified version of the crown from 1998 onwards, but it might be too simple.

5892_los_angeles_kings-alternate-2012.png

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, PhysicalGraffiti said:

If that's too simple, the Bolts need to be slapped awake. At least that has some depth and more than one color.

There are a lot of problems with the current Tampa Bay uniforms, but the logo is simple but looks good on a jersey. It's fine as it is, but TB could use the bevelled version of the Lightning Bolt they put on their 30th anniversary patch on the front of their jersey. 

tampa_bay_lightning_logo_anniversary_2023_sportslogosnet-5416.png

A crown isn't generally meant to be simple, its a symbol of prestige and power, and generally its more ornate than the LA Kings logo I posted. It feels to me like it is a bit too spartan for a team named the Kings and from LA and the opposite of the crown the team wore during the Forum Blue and Gold years. I'm sure there is a happy medium between too sparse and too ornate that would be just perfect on a Kings Uniform.

• 1 month later...

From Eric Stephen's most recent Ducks mailbag on the Athletic,

Are the Ducks at least keeping the 30th-anniversary jersey as full-time next year? A white version would be nice. Not as good as the OGs but a start in the right direction. — Peter B.

Peter, I haven’t been told such. The current plum (it’s plum, and not eggplant as I’ve been told often) sweater that’s received strong reviews was always meant to be a one-off, but you imagine ownership has taken notice of how many fans love the retro feel. Here’s the thing: the Samuelis love the webbed-D logo and the color orange. It’s an imprint they have put on the franchise with the 2006 rebrand. But they’re very aware of how much the original colors and logo mean to people. I’m sure you’ve noticed the Ducks have incorporated that more and more into their marketing. It also feels like the webbed-D is being de-emphasized. The Ducks love big reveals — Carlsson debuting the jersey at the draft — and I wouldn’t put it past them making an eventual brand shift on the down low.

I'm pretty sure he gets asked about the jerseys every time he takes questions.

IbjBaeE.png

2 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

https://theathletic.com/5254698/2024/02/06/blackhawks-winter-classic-wrigley-field/

Oh great, more Blackhawks in the Winter classic.. I'd see the Blues dust off their late 80s - early 90s look

Chicago winning the draft lottery was definitely pure luck amirite

• Eyeroll 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

https://theathletic.com/5254698/2024/02/06/blackhawks-winter-classic-wrigley-field/

Oh great, more Blackhawks in the Winter classic.. I'd see the Blues dust off their late 80s - early 90s look

For the Blackhawks, they've just about ran out of throwback looks to use. I wonder if they create a fauxback look for this one.

I'd see the Blues dust off their late 80s - early 90s look

I have been wanting that for years.  This is my favorite Blues set of all time mostly due to childhood nostalgia. Just the perfect touch of red and I'm a sucker for the rounded blue note. Other kids liked Batman. My super hero was below 🤣

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, ruttep said:

For the Blackhawks, they've just about ran out of throwback looks to use. I wonder if they create a fauxback look for this one.

The only one i can think of is their 1940's black barber pole jersey :

Ranking every Blackhawks uniform, from the barber pole to the Veruca Salt  collar - The Athletic

After that, yeah they'll pretty much have run out of jerseys

15 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

The only one i can think of is their 1940's black barber pole jersey :

Ranking every Blackhawks uniform, from the barber pole to the Veruca Salt  collar - The Athletic

After that, yeah they'll pretty much have run out of jerseys

spacer.png

It was their 1992 throwback jersey, so not sure, but maybe

2 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Uh, since when?

The Ducks had been calling it plum in recent years as opposed to eggplant and more people took notice this year with the 30th anniversary jersey. Then earlier this season someone on Twitter (a former member of the boards actually) found "plum" and "purple" in early Mighty Ducks media guides with no mention of eggplant.

So, it is plum  straight from the early days which would lead you to think eggplant must have been a fan created thing that got bandied about, however, this season's media guide uses plum, purple and eggplant all within the span of a page and a half. 

It basically boils down to the Ducks quietly trying to officially deem the colour plum as per the olden days, but eggplant did sneak into a media guide at some point in the past through some inconsistent naming.

IbjBaeE.png

2 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

Not that it really matters but "Eggplant" just sounds better to me.

That's just plumb crazy, man.

• Like 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."