2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

On 3/28/2024 at 1:48 AM, Nordiks_19 said:

Aucune description de photo disponible.

I remember seeing this concept on the nhluniforms Facebook page and was really hoping it would be that instead of the lame and ugly one they ended up with

Even though it might not be the most original design, that is one clean looking road jersey. The slight pattern is enough for me to think that it has enough uniqueness. I like it. The black gives it some weight. Never liked the red heavy and white look (with the bland numbers) they went with with those jerseys in the early to mid 2010s.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 3/27/2024 at 10:48 AM, Nordiks_19 said:

16 minutes ago, Bayne said:

(with the bland numbers)

Those are the same bland numbers. The original uniforms' italicized font fits the Hurricanes so much better.

• Like 2

On 3/27/2024 at 10:48 AM, Nordiks_19 said:

I remember seeing this concept on the nhluniforms Facebook page and was really hoping it would be that instead of the lame and ugly one they ended up with

Although I much prefer their original uniforms, I’d gladly take that over their current head-scratcher of an away uniform any day.

On 3/29/2024 at 4:12 PM, ruttep said:

Those are the same bland numbers. The original uniforms' italicized font fits the Hurricanes so much better.

Yes I overlooked that.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan Smith has just shared a survey asking people to submit name suggestions for a potential Utah NHL franchise:

Among the names being mentioned in the replies, not very many catch my attention. Blizzards seems like the best option, but of course most of the people suggesting it seem to just want to use the singular 'Blizzard'. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

Ryan Smith has just shared a survey asking people to submit name suggestions for a potential Utah NHL franchise:

Among the names being mentioned in the replies, not very many catch my attention. Blizzards seems like the best option, but of course most of the people suggesting it seem to just want to use the singular 'Blizzard'. 

Oh boy another weather team. And probably the third most generic hockey team name out there after “Ice” and “Blades”

Blizzards meets the quota of Zees/Zeds in a Utah team name so that checks.

Although, something to be said for the southwest and teams naming themselves after a lower-ranked version of their closest rival.  Already Kings? Throw in the Knights next door.  Already a team named for snow rolling down a hill?  Name the team after snow falling from the sky.

VmWIn6B.png

2 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I think Owls would be cool. 

SLC Screech Owls has a nice ring to it, but maybe I'm blinded by my nostalgia for this book series as a kid.

spacer.png

• Like 1

I submitted Oxen, Unique, region appropriate, a variety of ways to go thematically (pioneers, tough aggro, stoic, single or a team). Utah Oxen rolls off the tongue in a pleasant, sing-songy way. "the Ox" is a nice sub-nickname, too. And lets get a primarily brown colored hockey team!

Utah Saints - games on Saturday's can be called "Ladder Day" and you get a bobble-head of a saint-ly Joseph Smith wearing a jersey and climbing a ladder made of hockey sticks.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

4 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Ryan Smith has just shared a survey asking people to submit name suggestions for a potential Utah NHL franchise

Blizzard seems a bit to close to Avalanche (I know different phenomenon, but still adjacent).