2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

1 minute ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Speaking of the Stadium Series, i wonder what kind of atrocities they have in store for the Jackets next year.

A graphic that shows the Detroit Red Wings and Columbus Blue Jackets logos on the videoboard at Ohio Stadium with the seating and field in view.   Two legs, one belonging to a Red Wings player and one belonging to a Blue Jackets player, appear in the foreground.   The NHL logo is above white text that reads "Stadium Series" followed by red text that reads "Ohio Stadium. 2025". The Navy Federal Credit Union logo is below this.

I'll say they lean into that old bee/hornet/yellow jacket thing they used to have. The jersey will be that gross neon pea green color and the hornet will be front and center but enlarged. 

• Love 1

51 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

No one cares about the Blue Jackets. Why is it in Columbus?

Because its probably going to play up the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry.

Makes me wonder if they'll somehow design the jerseys to reflect the college teams.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Speaking of the Stadium Series, i wonder what kind of atrocities they have in store for the Jackets next year.

A graphic that shows the Detroit Red Wings and Columbus Blue Jackets logos on the videoboard at Ohio Stadium with the seating and field in view.   Two legs, one belonging to a Red Wings player and one belonging to a Blue Jackets player, appear in the foreground.   The NHL logo is above white text that reads "Stadium Series" followed by red text that reads "Ohio Stadium. 2025". The Navy Federal Credit Union logo is below this.

I'm guessing they go with some sort of oversized cannon logo, and maybe silver helmets to tie in the Buckeyes connection. Would be great to see Detroit wear a red & white version of the classic Michigan helmet.

1 hour ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

No one cares about the Blue Jackets. Why is it in Columbus?

There really is no pleasing hockey fans. When Chicago got announced as the Winter Classic host everyone complained about them being in an outdoor game again. When a team that's never played in an outdoor game gets to host, people find a way to complain about that too.

Columbus has managed pretty consistent attendance & fan support during their history, which is impressive considering how terrible they've been for almost their entire existence. It's a somewhat traditional hockey market, and the horseshoe is one of the most iconic stadiums in college football.

• Like 13

On 2/23/2024 at 12:16 PM, TBGKon said:

Because its probably going to play up the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry.

Makes me wonder if they'll somehow design the jerseys to reflect the college teams.

While we have seen hideously large helmet logos in the Stadium Series, I still can't believe no team has used a helmet stripe yet.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/A8dN5sjvB85b6fYlLhUxz0Wa1ss=/1400x1400/filters:format(jpeg)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/23233450/1237839123.jpg

• Like 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 2 weeks later...

Icethetics has just posted a preview of the Fanatics changes for next year & beyond:

Not a whole lot of breaking revelations, but here are some highlights:

• The practice jersey template is changing. Obviously the 3 stripes along the sides have been removed, and the Fanatics logo is replacing the Adidas one on the chest. The dimples on the shoulders may be gone (this is based on a digital rendering), and the pentagon shaped panel on the collar is gone as well. The standard roundel on the front of the practice jerseys is being tweaked, and will now be stitched instead of heat-pressed.
  • Contrary to what's been said, teams will still have third jerseys next season, there just won't be any new ones. They mention teams like San Jose and Tampa keeping their black thirds around.
  • Aside from Boston returning to their pre-centennial uniforms, there's no mention of any other teams changing their primary look
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Aside from Boston returning to their pre-centennial uniforms, there's no mention of any other teams changing their primary look

I don't mind this (their standard uniforms from last season were better overall), but I really do hope that they keep the simplified logo they rolled out for their centennial. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

19 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

• Aside from Boston returning to their pre-centennial uniforms, there's no mention of any other teams changing their primary look

Good thing. It was their best look ever (except the black socks, yellow socks > black socks)

• Like 2

On 2024-03-11 at 5:43 PM, ruttep said:

I don't mind this (their standard uniforms from last season were better overall), but I really do hope that they keep the simplified logo they rolled out for their centennial. 

spacer.png

That colourway should work on both the home and road uniforms, the logo with the black B and outline and gold spokes isn't bad, just that I prefer a gold b and outline with black spokes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

The Milwaukee Admirals unveiled a warmup jersey that looks an awful lot like the Fanatics template Icethetics reported.

GIfq8e6XkAA2ZdZ?format=jpg&name=large

If this is the final-look jersey template that Fanatics is going to outfit the whole league with, it's a tough sell. Especially with that Nike-esque collar used here. It's a bad downgrade from the Adizero collar.

I guarantee this jersey is going to have ghost strings when it arrives, and it's going to look cheap and tacky. Hey, kinda like what Fanatics does to their fan gear!

The gradient dyed/sublimated socks are going to be the equivilant of the vertical stripe edge socks.

Also, knees are not really a good place for logos. 

Even the Cleveland Browns realized the visible stitching was a garish idea years ago.

The bottom hem also will probably see a few teams drop their bottom stripe, the Flyers new jerseys did that this year.

The ribbed breezers don't really seem pleasurable or necessary except for fanatics own branding.

4 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

The Milwaukee Admirals unveiled a warmup jersey that looks an awful lot like the Fanatics template Icethetics reported.

But the AHL's uniform contract is separate from the NHL.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

45vvo9tsjkoc1.jpeg

Someone in the Hurricanes subreddit who said they got the email said it felt more like a concept testing phase with the accompanying questions asking things like "do you like a stylized letter with team colors/concepts like Calgary’s ‘C’ or script words like…"

IbjBaeE.png