2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

11 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

The last thing this league needs in term of aesthetic is yet another red & black team

13 hours ago, McCall said:

So something overplayed (red and black) as opposed to a color not currently in use that actually has relevancy to the geographic region and sports history of said region?

9 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

Hurricanes19.pngBlackhawks60.pngDevils20.pngSenators23.png
No thanks, we've got plenty of those already.

5 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

Hard no to red and black.

4 hours ago, Chromatic said:

No red and black.

How about red and blue? That hasn’t been done before.

Lol I was exaggerating for effect. Who would want another red and black team? That's why I continued on by suggesting brown or blues or yellows, whatever. My point stands. Come up with colour scheme that suits your team identity, not this 'pick-a-colour-that-isn't-used' mentality. 

• Meh 1
  • Eyeroll 3

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

3 hours ago, Bayne said:

Lol I was exaggerating for effect. Who would want another red and black team? That's why I continued on by suggesting brown or blues or yellows, whatever. My point stands. Come up with colour scheme that suits your team identity, not this 'pick-a-colour-that-isn't-used' mentality. 

You have to do both. You need a colour scheme that matches your identity, but the whole point of having an "identity" is that it is identifiable as yours.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

4 hours ago, Chromatic said:

You have to do both. You need a colour scheme that matches your identity, but the whole point of having an "identity" is that it is identifiable as yours.

Yes, and you can do that without needing to pick a colour that isn't in use. There are many different ways you can combine different colour schemes and create a unique identity.  

Look, Utah will probably go with a colour that isn't used primarily by another team, I won't be surprised. But them doing that isn't going to automatically get me excited for their identity. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 3

9 hours ago, Bayne said:

Purple and light blue fit a potential Yetis name (and most names on the list), as well as the region and market itself, so your preemptive sarcastic comments were completely misguided. Our color suggestions were based on market history coupled with some of the leading name choices, not just randomly picking colors.

18 hours ago, MiK said:

spacer.png

The era of NBA paint-bucket redesigns was infuriating and this one the most of all. Turned a work of art into a big blue blob so they could piggyback off the Mavericks.

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

22 minutes ago, The_Admiral said:

The era of NBA paint-bucket redesigns was infuriating and this one the most of all. Turned a work of art into a big blue blob so they could piggyback off the Mavericks.

100%.  The one with the Mardi Gras Colours was even worse.

• Like 4

I think that was also the year when the Utah Jazz' tagline for the year was "I Can't Wait" because someone told their marketing department "you need to get me a slogan for the year, I can't wait." Creativity was on an extended bathroom break around that time, I think.

• LOL 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It blows my mind that made it on to a major-league uniform.  Unbelievable.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Would Utahns prefer a purple/blue scheme over a red rocks scheme?  

If they're going generic, then either one of these (with black or very dark red pants) would make for cool temporary sweaters (keep the UTAH, just lose the number.). The black-based one gave me Flames vibes at first, but now that they've gone "classic", I think it'd be fine.

think the striping could work on a long-sleeved jersey, but would need to see a mockup.  

SIWVHUH5H5FM7GG4VBCLVFQVU4.jpg

63bf8a396be098527d3179599d88c453

• Like 2
  • Love 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 minutes ago, BBTV said:

If they're going generic, then either one of these (with black or very dark red pants) would make for cool temporary sweaters (keep the UTAH, just lose the number.). The black-based one gave me Flames vibes at first, but now that they've gone "classic", I think it'd be fine.

think the striping could work on a long-sleeved jersey, but would need to see a mockup.  

Bottom one would work for Team Germany

8 hours ago, BBTV said:

On the subject of team's having a unique identity, I don't think another team wearing black and multiple shades of "hot" colours is great for building a brand. We've got Anaheim, Vegas, Calgary and Vancouver's thirds in those, and thats just the Pacific division. It feels like its becoming what double blue was to the 2010s. 

I really would like to see Utah wear purple. Not just because I want to see purple back in the NHL, but because I think it would look good and fit Utah really well. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

On 4/27/2024 at 8:59 PM, McCall said:

Purple and light blue fit a potential Yetis name (and most names on the list), as well as the region and market itself, so your preemptive sarcastic comments were completely misguided. Our color suggestions were based on market history coupled with some of the leading name choices, not just randomly picking colors.

I wasn't really being sarcastic, but ok. And no, no one is saying the colour preferences by anyone is 'random'. Anything but.