2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

4 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

I’m fine with Yetis.  Just don’t make it a super cartoony logo.  

Agreed. If this is the name that wins, they should take a page out of the Kraken playbook and not make the Yeti the focal point. Hide him like the Kraken do and make him mysterious.

• Like 2

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Selfishly I hope Utah avoids light/powder blue so the Kraken can be the main light blue franchise in the league. Although our primaries are dark blue so that opens the door. Bet they go a light blue primary with a black-dominated logo. Brown would be a nice color to get into the NHL but it’s all about selling merch these days 

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

48 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Selfishly I hope Utah avoids light/powder blue so the Kraken can be the main light blue franchise in the league. Although our primaries are dark blue so that opens the door. Bet they go a light blue primary with a black-dominated logo. Brown would be a nice color to get into the NHL but it’s all about selling merch these days 

The Kraken use more of a light teal than a powder blue so I don't see the issue. 

• Like 5

If not Purple, I  think  an Indigo (somewhere between Navy and Purple) paired with Light Blue and Copper could be different enough from a Navy/Light Blue color palette.

That said, Black/Light Blue/Copper, Purple/Black/Copper, or Black/Purple/Light Blue all have a lot of potential.

This would also be a great time for a team somewhere to try Brown/Light Blue, but I don’t see that being very likely for an NHL team to try it.

Edited by DustDevil61
Brown/Light Blue

I don't mind the addition of copper. Here's what I was thinking for a colorway, with a few different purple options and using the copper from the 1990s Jazz. The 90s Jazz used "purple, light blue and copper", with additional colors, but different shades. This is more "winter tones" than "90s tones" the Jazz previously used.

UTAHNHLcolorideas.jpg

• Like 7

I hope they go red and black.

I really don't like this whole "the league needs a purple team, so they should be purple" thing. It's like a playschool activity where a bunch of children are figuring out what colour crayons they have so they can draw a rainbow.

I'd actually love to see brown, or tan or something. But yeah, I don't need to see a colour just because its not been used by any other team and they can "own it".  I'd be more than okay if they came up with a cool way to use a shade of blue or yellow or something.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Dislike 4
  • Eyeroll 1

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

40 minutes ago, Bayne said:

I really don't like this whole "the league needs a purple team, so they should be purple" thing. It's like a playschool activity where a bunch of children are figuring out what colour crayons they have so they can draw a rainbow.

I'd actually love to see brown, or tan or something. But yeah, I don't need to see a colour just because its not been used by any other team and they can "own it".  I'd be more than okay if they came up with a cool way to use a shade of blue or yellow or something.

So something overplayed (red and black) as opposed to a color not currently in use that actually has relevancy to the geographic region and sports history of said region?

• Like 5

Regardless of the name I predict they do something metallic on the uniform to set themselves apart, whether that's copper or silver(I bet silver).

Hockey uniforms tend to use thick twill and stitching so metallic uniform elements end up looking like VGK or Carolina, kind of chunky. But this newer heat pressed metallic material is hot in sports now and unrepresented in the NHL. Could be seen as a hole to fill. In the NFL the Cardinals & Lions recently used it, while the Rams and Texans have "glossy" colors,  and  the Vikings new ICY alternate also might have metallic silver. 

2 hours ago, Bayne said:

The last thing this league needs in term of aesthetic is yet another red & black team

• Like 2

It would be interesting if they went more red rocks themed.  It seemed very popular for the Jazz, even though they've since moved away from it.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I think the name will dictate a lot. If it’s Yeti’s could be the purple/light blue/dark blue wintery look. If it’s Outlaws I don’t see how purple could be a prominent color. 

7 hours ago, McCall said:

I don't mind the addition of copper. Here's what I was thinking for a colorway, with a few different purple options and using the copper from the 1990s Jazz. The 90s Jazz used "purple, light blue and copper", with additional colors, but different shades. This is more "winter tones" than "90s tones" the Jazz previously used.

UTAHNHLcolorideas.jpg

It looks a little on the drab side...  Like it could use a brighter, additional colour like Orange or the 'Senna' the Coyotes use.  Still, how it looks  on the ice depends entirely on whether the copper is metallic.  The metal-flake material Vegas, L.A and Washington (RR 2.0) use could negate the need for additional swatch.

32 minutes ago, DJT said:

Yeti’s could be the purple/light blue/dark blue wintery look

spacer.png

• Like 9

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10