2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

2 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Dont connect too much to this logo, remember Seattle started their generic imagery with red.

I get that this may be a simple placeholder, but this has to be a pretty strong indicator that powder blue will be one of the colours present on the jersey and/or logo.

For example, that second Seattle image has (more or less) two of the colours they ended up using. 

• Like 1

thecatch.jpg

3 hours ago, Digby said:

Honestly I really dig the beehive/mountain combo design motifs that DetroitHockey has been using in coverage, and it's a sharp color scheme too. But I suppose a bees theme are too Blue Jackets (and opens the door to something corny like the Utah Buzz), the mountains and colors are too Avalanche, and the mountains are doubly beaten to the punch by Real Salt Lake's new jersey.

(Honestly didn't even realize Utah changed their flag until all of this -- new one is pretty good!) 

nhl-utah.png 

It's better than the previous flag, but pretty despised locally.  

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

A possible hint to one of the colours with the powder blue outline on the script? 

Please no double blue scheme.  That has been done to death.

On 4/23/2024 at 11:31 AM, Sodboy13 said:

Prison. No arrest, no trial, just straight to prison.

10 hours ago, Digby said:

Qualtrics guy is gonna use his own stupid product to make this happen. Cool cool.

As one who's used Qualtrics more than I care to post about in the past nine months for several service projects, the last place I expected to see that word turn up was in a dang freakin' sports logos forum. Thanks for ruining my escape route for me. 🙃

2 hours ago, Cherono said:

Thanks! I did a half-assed job of just putting the Jazz mountains on it and swapping the colors with the OG Jazz colors minus switching the yellow to the shade of the Utah state flag. 

I think it came out okay, but I just stole/misappropriated Joel Hudson's logo and that of a summer baseball team in the state. The uniform was recolored from PGH Concepts.  I do not own the images nor did I create them. Maybe the look is too Vikings but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Let me clarify my prior post. I wasn't talking about the logo concept; I was talking about the idea of "Yaks" as a nickname. I mean, of all the bison-family animals out there (wait--is it family, genus, then species?), that's about the last one anyone thinks of...period, let alone sports branding. (Unless you're Ace Ventura when nature calls.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

15 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Dont connect too much to this logo, remember Seattle started their generic imagery with red.

I mean the Kraken did end up going with red as one of their accent colours. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I mean the Kraken did end up going with red as one of their accent colours. 

Yeah but it ended up being the least prominent swatch in the identity...   Different type of red too, the early brand-development shade was more of a 'salmon.'

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

I’m fine with Yetis.  Just don’t make it a super cartoony logo.  

Too bad they couldn't just rip off the Av's old shoulder patch and play around with that idea

I also like that common black silhouette of a bigfoot that you see on t shirts and stickers. There could be a cool crest formulated with that

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

I’m fine with Yetis.  Just don’t make it a super cartoony logo.  

Not sure if Yetis classify as primates since their fictional and all that. But there's a huge absence of primate logos in major sports. Lots of potential for a unique logo if Yetis get the green light.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

52 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

Agreed.  "Yeti's" feels extremely forced.

Something about it as a sports team nickname does sound forced and almost uncanny. Like the opposing team in a long-forgotten Air Bud sequel.

thecatch.jpg