2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

2 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Pioneers isn't a good hockey name. That's pure baseball, and maybe a little bit of football.

I don’t know about that. Two hockey teams that I really hate are the Pioneers, and are only really know for Hockey. The University of Denver, and Hill-Murray High in Minnesota. 

I don’t know if I love Pioneers for Utah, but it definitely could work

• Like 2

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

11 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

Gulls are seabirds and Salt Lake City is about as far from any watershed as possible. Did they become the state bird by clerical error or do they just really dig the Great Salt Lake? 

There you go: Utah Brine Shrimp. Brandiose is already on it.

Yeah, they're called seagulls, but are you saying you've never seen them by Lake Michigan, for example?

It's where I sit.

Not a single one of these proposed names is screaming "home run."  But then again, Golden Knights sounded ridiculous at first and they knocked it out of the park with their branding...  Until they made the gaudy gold jersey their primary.

33 minutes ago, DJT said:

There’s a fan event tomorrow at the arena. I’m doubting they announce colors or anything but that would be nice. Introducing the players and coach and stuff like that. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they have something and merchandise to sell, seems like a missed opportunity to not capitalize on the excitement and event without something 

21 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Yeah, they're called seagulls, but are you saying you've never seen them by Lake Michigan, for example?

Lake Michigan has fish, Great Salt Lake doesn't

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

38 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I'm with ya...Gulls is a cool identity (I love San Diego's) and I know there are gulls everywhere. But, it's like calling a team from Des Moines the sharks. 

Yeah - like those lions and tigers found in Detroit 🤪

PS - this is sarcasm. I'm out of blue italic font already this week.

• LOL 1

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, The_Admiral said:

Lake Michigan has fish, Great Salt Lake doesn't

Not that it helps the case for the name, but seagulls eat trash. Here in Utah you're more likely to see seagulls at the dump rather than the GSL. 

IMG_3793.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

Until they made the gaudy gold jersey their primary.

Gaudy 🤝 Vegas. Is it ugly? Yes. Does it scream "Vegas"? Yes.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Not to mention the state bird is the California Gull. California being famously not Utah.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

21 minutes ago, MiK said:

Not to mention the state bird is the California Gull. California being famously not Utah.

Even worse, our state insect is the European Honey Bee. Utah is in AMERICA.!!! Not europe . I am very smart.

1 hour ago, DJT said:

Ryan Smith said on the Pat McAfee show they will do a bracket to choose the name. Pat and other people on the show booed. 

In the interview it sounds like Doubleday is involved with the bracket. I wonder if this means we'll get brand specs as part of the contest. Probably not, but would make this much less lame.

• LOL 1

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

6 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Pioneers isn't a good hockey name. That's pure baseball, and maybe a little bit of football.

The defending and most winning program in college hockey.... the Pioneers....

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

3 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

Not a single one of these proposed names is screaming "home run."  But then again, Golden Knights sounded ridiculous at first and they knocked it out of the park with their branding...  Until they made the gaudy gold jersey their primary.

The “Golden Knights”name  I can handle…it’s “Vegas” instead of “Las Vegas” that sickens me. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MiK said:

Gaudy 🤝 Vegas. Is it ugly? Yes. Does it scream "Vegas"? Yes.

Maybe it does but I can't get behind those gold uniforms because the original grey's looked so much better.  The Knight on the logo is gold so I don't understand why they had to have a gold base in the first place.  The original branding was a home run and the gold jersey ruined it IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Haz_Matt said:

I really liked Vegas' red reverse retro sweater with their secondary logo on the chest. Promote that one to full time rotation in place of the gold one

Would have been the perfect alternate with the inaugural primaries...  Too bad the Gold jersey ruined their bid for perfection.