New york jets logo

puckcool22

Pretty cool, but at first, I saw a flying turtle. The head-on jet is an interesting approach. Might make a cool logo for a NY Jets hockey x-over.

On issue on the shading & highlight on the cockpit/under the nose ...it seems like the light is coming from two different directions, making it lose the 3d effect I think you were going for.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I guess the tough part is that your shadow is the same color as the canopy, and theres' really no shading anywhere else. For what you have, I think it may be as simple as moving the highlight to the top of the canopy.

I think I understand what you're going for, but it's hard to explain verbally what I would point out visually. Maybe one of the pros could explain it better.

A little help guys?

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

(You asked for feedback  :P )

Without knowing that it was a jet, I don't know that I would have made the connection.  It seems to be missing a "nose".  Isn't there ordinarily a point there?

Other than that, I was struck by all the straight lines.  I think it needs a little bend in it.

It's where I sit.

I guess the tough part is that your shadow is the same color as the canopy, and theres' really no shading anywhere else. For what you have, I think it may be as simple as moving the highlight to the top of the canopy.

I think I understand what you're going for, but it's hard to explain verbally what I would point out visually. Maybe one of the pros could explain it better.

A little help guys?

I think I may have done that, also I made the things that take in air to the jet engines black, because thats what they are.  here is the updated version, Ill change it uptop too

take 2 (copy/paste)

signature.gif

Sorry to say this but those are not good at all the front view does not look right its too plain on a white helemt and the stripping on he jerseys dont look right either.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think one thing you should do is bumb up the stroke on the concept as a whole. The thin line isnt as 'logo-looking' as it could be. Alos, try adding a darker green under the mid point on the wings, engines, and body.

I'd also suggest, if you are in Illustrator, using a vector template for uniforms. that musroom head helmet isn't doing yuor design any favors.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'm not big on the logo or the unis. The logo might be good for a hockey jersey, but you need a side view for a football helmet. The uniform is interesting, but not really to my tastes.

I agree that this would better for a hockey jersey--I also prefer side views (or an angle other than head on any way) for football helmets--but there are exceptions.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived