Keith van horn trade

Starchild

Here's the trade in case you haven't already heard...

Knicks Get: Tim Thomas from the Bucks and Nazr Mohammed from the Hawks

Hawks Get: Michael Doleac from the Knicks and Joel Przybilla from the Bucks

Bucks Get: Keith Van Horn from the Knicks

Now, will someone PLEASE provide insight to this trade.... I just don't understand the purpose of the deal. I can sorta see that it may help the Knicks become a little bit more aggressive in the offseason during the free agent splurging, and it gives a little more to the Knicks' front court...

Just someone, anyone, help me understand the deal...

Man I'm gonna miss M. Doles (Doleac)... I loved that doofy, bald headed white boy...

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Well, it's basically a loss for everyone but the knicks. Thomas has been improving every year and the knicks are soft on the inside with Kurt Thomas being the majority scorer down low. The Hawks get ripped of the most by this trade, because they lose mohammed, and gain two white guys. Who wants white guys on their team anymore? Pryzibilla is the worst offensive player i've seen, and doleac isn't much better. The knicks also got rid of an inconsistent Keith Van Horn that can be prone too injury. The knicks have enough outside scoring to go around, which is why they didn't need him anymore.

3JymF.png

from a bucks fan's perspective, this is an ehh... move.  good cus desmond mason can start more...that and

the preceding useless white space was placed here in rememberance of Joel Przybilla :D .  the two bad parts are that Tim Thomas is one of my favorite players and the Bucks' second-leading scorer, and also we now have basketball's version of Chris Chandler in Van Horn.  sure, he'll contribute...when he's healthy.  at least we won't have to worry about Marbury hurting his feelings :;):

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Now, will someone PLEASE provide insight to this trade.... I just don't understand the purpose of the deal. I can sorta see that it may help the Knicks become a little bit more aggressive in the offseason during the free agent splurging, and it gives a little more to the Knicks' front court...

I thought you'd just be happy to be rid of Van Horn :D

This is a very good deal for the KNicks Van Horn is not that good Doleac would not even play on half the teams in the league.

This just about ends the Scott Layden era everyone Layden brought in is just about gone wow Isiah did it fast, and inthe East now the Knicks can make some noise. Plus they have cap flexabillity now.

Its amazing what Thomas has done in so short of time. I guess this shows you how bad of GM Scott Layden actually was.

Because if Layden was tsill there none of these moves would have been made and teh Knicks would be more then 10 games below .500.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Take it from a Nets fan when the pressure is on Van Horn dissappears.

He is also very soft when he comes under physical pressure, so dumping him and his salary can only beneifit the Knicks.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Van Horn is a very good supporting player.  I don't know why people are always talking him down.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

No, give us the Clippers. It worked for the Rams...

yeah...5 years later, but yeah. :;):

you gotta keep one thing in mind, the Rams were good til 1990, when they suddenly started playing bad.  

the Clippers are always bad, and always will be unless one of three things happen:

1) Sterling decides to splurge on the Clips instead of pocketing his cash

2) Sterling dies, in which case his estate has the sense to sell the team

or 3) the league forces Sterling to sell...cus we all know he ain't gonna do that by himself.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Donald Sterling along with Bill Bidwell of the NFL Cardinals is the worst owner in the history of sports, so you nailed it for the Clips to ever be good Sterling must go too.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Archived