Yankees NOB?

totc

I guess it had to happen, what with F.C. Barcelona having a sponsored jersey, the Celtics going away from double-knits, and the Reds losing the wool stirrups.

So, what do you think a NOB on the road jersey will look like?

I think it's going to be an understated vertical arch, kind of like the Royals' home jersey in the Bo Jackson era.

Actually, I've seen some early mockups. The Yankees will use a nameplate strip with heavy block letters, but both the nameplate and the letters will be carefully cut out of white pinstriped fabric and sewn to match the pinstripes of the jersey.

Kidding. Actually, it will look like this:

pMLB2-675675reg.jpg

You may have seen Yankees fans wearing prototypes already. You can tell they're the real Yankees fans, because they have the special jerseys with the player's name on the back.

20082614447.png

Actually, I've seen some early mockups. The Yankees will use a nameplate strip with heavy block letters, but both the nameplate and the letters will be carefully cut out of white pinstriped fabric and sewn to match the pinstripes of the jersey.

pMLB2-675675reg.jpg

You may have seen Yankees fans wearing prototypes already. You can tell they're the real Yankees fans, because they have the special jerseys with the player's name on the back.

Hahaha. Nice.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Thanks, Shiny.

pMLB2-675675reg.jpg

postofday.png

I guess it had to happen, what with F.C. Barcelona having a sponsored jersey, the Celtics going away from double-knits, and the Reds losing the wool stirrups.

So, what do you think a NOB on the road jersey will look like?

I think it's going to be an understated vertical arch, kind of like the Royals' home jersey in the Bo Jackson era.

Technically (and contractually), FC Barcelona has a "reverse sponsorship" as the club pays UNICEF for the right to have them on their kit.

Was Uniwatch pulling an April Fool prank?

Yes.

Generally speaking, if you have to ask, then the answer is "Yes."

It better be. When I first read it all I could do was groan, until I realized what day it was.

Archived