CONCEPT81: 2009 New Orleans Saints

bigdub81

And I was wondering if you were doing other templates cause' I think we need some 'D' on the site.

Oh...some "D" is coming...stay tuned!

You know what...? That ain't even right. <_<

(Dub...you set yourself up...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
QUOTE(robbman21 @ Friday, April 11th, 2008 - 15:10:20)

QUOTE(bigdub81 @ Friday, April 11th, 2008 - 13:35:24)

And I was wondering if you were doing other templates cause' I think we need some 'D' on the site.

Oh...some "D" is coming...stay tuned!

You know what...? That ain't even right.

(Dub...you set yourself up...)

Yeah I did didn't I! Don't get me started...I am a seasoned veteran at playing the dozens! :boogie:

I mean, look at the Colts and Jets and the Vikes and Cardinals.

Two sets of teams with vastly different color combinations, thus reinforcing the difference. Black and gold against navy and gold is just too similar, especially when the jersey is laid out so similarly. The numbers even look like the Rams.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I mean, look at the Colts and Jets and the Vikes and Cardinals.

Two sets of teams with vastly different color combinations, thus reinforcing the difference. Black and gold against navy and gold is just too similar, especially when the jersey is laid out so similarly. The numbers even look like the Rams.

Meanwhile, save for one less shoulder stripe and different-colored sleeves on one jersey set, the Colts' and Jets' jerseys are even more similar to each other...and their numbers are exactly the same. (But...one team does wear blue, the other green, and so there's the major difference there.)

However, having said that, that's also a reason why I suggested going with gold and white as the primary combo, with black trim...to kinda go against the grain and avoid too similar a look to the Rams or any other team's color set.

But hey...to each his or her own, though...nothin' wrong wit that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like 'em, but yeah I immediately thought Rams. Why don't we give this look to the Saints and have the Rams go back to their previous, Super Bowl winning set. I always liked it better.

Same as I thought in MLB with the Diamondbacks looking like the Astros: it fits the D-backs better, so have the 'Stros go back to navy and orange from the sixties through eighties. Better look, IMO.

I really, really like the original, topic-starting concept. Yes, I did think of the Rams and Pats for a moment when I first saw the designs, but that is not a bad thing. Throughout history NFL uni designs have had similarities. That is simply a result of fashion: if something looks good, and wears well, then people want to get into it.

The "high" number of variations is a product of simple mixing and matching of tops and bottoms. All the combos look good to me, and players love to have options. Modern football players think about their uniforms the way many fashionable women construct their wardrobes. They like to have options and like to be able to present different looks for different occasions. Plus, as an artist, I like to see all sorts of variations to contrast and compare. I would hate to go back to the days of my childhood, when most NFL teams had two tops and one bottom, and that was all you could ever hope for.

I wouldn't change a thing. I am especially fond of all the white. When the Saints wear white it enlivens what has become a murky and muddy palette. I also think the white lends an angelic look (like angel's wings or robes) which ties in well with the Saints' identity.

Great artwork as well. Bravo to the whole set of ideas.

2067982549_0d428a2ca6_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I love this design! Like someone said earlier, you should try and pitch that to the Saints organization. At the very least, SOMEONE in the NFL is going to notice and may want to hire you to do their uniforms and logos.

I'd probably get rid of the stripe on the helmet altogether on the ultra modern version. I like alot, but I think I like the less drastic version best. great work by the way!

Ok, I've been gone a while (wife had the baby) but I'm back and badder than ever! Just kidding! I recently posted these uni's on a Saints fan board and got overwhelming results to have these sent to the head office which I know can't be done but the thought is always nice. I want to send a big thank's to bucco B, for blessing me with the use of his template. B, I modified it a bit and threw in a QB...your my inspiration dude....sniff-sniff.....lol :D .

________________________________________________________________________________

The Helmet....

> Most noticeably gone is the triple black / white / black stripe. I chose to go with a single black stripe down the middle since the old helmet stripes didn't match the uni's since the 70's era mustard gold look! The single black stripe is meant to go along with the sleeve, side panel and pants stripe.

> The helmet logo has been enlarged

> New style team wordmark on the front and rear helmet bumpers (were applicable)

The Jersey....

> New number / letter font. Sharp edges and curved styling goes with the new uniform theme

> New style team wordmark located beneath updated NFL Equipment shield.

> New comfort collar (i.e. Vikings, Chargers) for better neck movement

> New Alternate Gold Jersey! Gold jersey is the only one of the (3) that has the crescent insert in white. The piping on the outside of the side panels remain gold so that it carries into the pants.

> New "Crescent" sleeve inserts. Deisgned to pay homage to the city of New Orleans. The "Crescent City". My idea was taken from the Chargers 'inverted' shoulder insert that the bolt pattern is sewn into. The change is that the end's of the insert would come to a point and the inserts would be slightly more curved to give the impression of a crescent.

> Players name on Away jersey is now gold outlined in black to match the team wordmark on the front. The same is done using white / black for the gold jersey.

> Side panels and piping down the sides that carry over to the pants

> Reebok logo on all sleeves are now gold instead of white

> Sleeve logo now the same on all (3) jerseys

> "LA State" patch now back on left chest with new outter white outline to better hilight on both the black and gold jerseys.

The Pants & Socks....

> New alternate white pants set

> All (3) pants set carry the same stripe pattern to match all (3) jerseys. A thick black stripe down the middle with team logo placed at the hip, outlined with medium thickness gold piping. This pattern also allows the team to stay current with their gold pants they wear now but, now all the gold's match!

> Socks now have a medium thickness gold outline

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope this explains what I'm going for with this design but if you need anything explained further I'm here to help. Hope you like it, C&C as usual and thank's for checking out my post!

NFLConceptSeries2009-NewOrleansSain.png

NFLConceptSeries2009-NewOrleansS-1.png

NFLConceptSeries2009-NewOrleansS-4.png

NFLConceptSeries2009-NewOrleansS-3.png

NOLAbanner.jpg

Not to be rude, but did you really need to quote the entire post to add a one line reply?

To me, I agree with most re: looking like the Rams. Maybe if you switched the black and gold on the white uniforms it would do a lot to fix the similarities. Outside of that, this is great work like we've all come to expect from you.

Wow, this is great. It's the first time I've seen these. I don't know what to say that hasn't been said before.

First off, is there any chance of getting a basketball template like one of those guys? That is my favorite type of template ever, and I've never seen a basketball one.

Anyway, there is certainly an amenity in having 3 pants that they can mix and match. For a standardized set, I'd go:

Black jersey -- black pants

White jersey -- gold pants

Gold jersey -- black pants

But if they had gold pants, they'd probably be tempted to wear them with the gold jersey... I don't know. At any rate, a professional-grade concept. If the Saints are looking at it, they would be proud.

With the obvious exceptions of the helmet, side panels, and number font, this is pretty similar to the collaboration between me and Bucco:

NOsaintsblacks2.png

NOsaintsgolds.png

One interesting point is that the single black stripe was obviously considered when the team first came into the NFL in '67. This Dave Boss painting was done in 1966 and they used what must have been a concept for the Saints at the time. The real unis were close to this but had the triple helmet stripe, different number font and FDL, and reversed sleeve-stripe colors.

IMG_1155.jpg

ebay254edited7rzMedium.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived