Goalie Mask Concept

nwtrailtrekker

Hey guys. I thought i'd try something different. A personal goalie mask helmet. I tried to keep it fairly simple, but still have some interesting graphics in it. And i got as intricate and detailed as possible for MS Paint (although that is NOT an excuse for crappy design execution).

Anyways, my team is the nucks, so i wanted to incorperate the main logo in there. the cage in the mouth idea isnt exactly original, but i think it looks pretty nice. My favorite number is 11, also, i love Mountain Dew, and i love a certain girl with initials "CEE"

soo...this is my product.

tell me what you think!

thanks

mymaskvectored.png

I love seeing mask concepts and yours is quite well-done. I dew like the product placement locale, though I'm not sure it flows well with the rest of the mask. (oh man, 2 puns in one sentence, bad, bad, bad :D) Seriously though, the green and red looks a bit out of place but would still look cool. I like the CEE touch and that is perfectly fine with me. The mountains and "11" are cool as well. I'm not sure what the question mark shaped white blobs are but they look cool. The only thing besides the Dew that I don't really like is the logo choice, but that's probably just me. And the teeth are sweet. Overall I'm very impressed (as a Paint "alum") with the amount of intricate and nice-looking detail put into this, very nicely done.

Wow this is pretty cool. This is one hell of a MS Paint job! I love the killer whale teeth/white false eyes(The question marks?). Everything looks nice, even the Dew(although I prefer all the Dew spin-offs as opposed to the original, but that's neither here nor there...). Cool idea and nicely executed!

Hey guys. I thought i'd try something different. A personal goalie mask helmet. I tried to keep it fairly simple, but still have some interesting graphics in it. And i got as intricate and detailed as possible for MS Paint (although that is NOT an excuse for crappy design execution).

Anyways, my team is the nucks, so i wanted to incorperate the main logo in there. the cage in the mouth idea isnt exactly original, but i think it looks pretty nice. My favorite number is 11, also, i love Mountain Dew, and i love a certain girl with initials "CEE"

soo...this is my product.

tell me what you think!

thanks

mymaskvectored.png

It reminds me a lot of Petr Skudra's mask when he played for the Canaucks

ya, i know 11 isnt a goalie number, thats usually 1 or the 30's. that is the template i used, and no its not paint friendly i had to do alot of work to make it paint friendly. i thought about the CEE on the back, but the back gets covered by straps and stuff and isnt really seen.

The comment on goalie numbers wasn't a shot at you, just a comment. I am a college goalie, so i'll shed a little light on the subject. There are two traditions associated with goalie numbers. One is that traditionally Goalies wore the number 1 or something in the 30's...this was because of the seat they often sat while on the bus. For the other I will quote yahoo answers...

Hockey tradition was that the main goalies wore number one back in the old days and was listed first on the roster. As a result after many years many teams have retired that number. The second or back up goalie traditionally got the last number on the roster which for years was 30. This tradition has carried through to today.

tex_rangers.jpg

credit: Logodawg86

Archived