Detroit Tigers Away

cappital92

Sorry, but not an improvement. Orange piping on gray, just doesn't look good. Plus, they're traditionally a navy team, with orange accents on the aways. And by only changing some components from navy to orange, this is basically just a recolor of their current set. And not in a good way.

• 9 months later...
the Tigers no longer use that logo.

Yes they do, but not as a primary logo, it's a secondary logo.

That logo is not used by the Detroit Tigers, plain and simple. The Tigers missed the deadline on changing their primary logo in 2005. Since it was still classified by MLB as their primary logo, it was used on the 2005 All-Star jerseys, that's the only time to my knowledge it's ever even been worn by a player since their failed alternate jersey in 1995. Maybe other all-star games too, though I was unable to find pictures. I didn't search very hard.

I'm not saying you can't find that logo; I'm sitting here right now with a cup from MLB.com that was made in 2007 with the logo. So according to the league, maybe it IS an alternate. I'm just saying the team itself won't use that logo for anything official.

EDIT: MLB Pressbox does show the "TigerD" as a secondary logo, strangely enough. So, we're both right.

SIG.png

Archived