The Rangers of Texas

mania

Ugh... NO NO NO NO NO. Oh for the love of God no. Listen, I know people may think it would be cute for the Rangers to go to a more "western" feel, but not only would the people of Arlington riot, but we would further be the laughing stock of the League. Using brown as the only color doesn't work in any case (I would suggest picking another color). Second, it is the TEXAS Rangers, hence the need for Red, White and Blue.

I don't want to sound too angry, but this could never fly with the loyal fanbase.

As someone who has been a diehard Rangers fan for the last 22 years(since 5 year old me first found out what baseball really was), posts at lonestarball, is on the newberg report, pretty much as loyal as a fan can be, I get the feeling, from other diehard fans, that they wouldn't mind wearing pink tutus if the team was winning 100 games and making post season appearances every season. Also, fairly recently, the Mavericks changed their colors and the fanbase more than accepted it, because they won.

Ugh... NO NO NO NO NO. Oh for the love of God no. Listen, I know people may think it would be cute for the Rangers to go to a more "western" feel, but not only would the people of Arlington riot, but we would further be the laughing stock of the League. Using brown as the only color doesn't work in any case (I would suggest picking another color). Second, it is the TEXAS Rangers, hence the need for Red, White and Blue.

I don't want to sound too angry, but this could never fly with the loyal fanbase.

As someone who has been a diehard Rangers fan for the last 22 years(since 5 year old me first found out what baseball really was), posts at lonestarball, is on the newberg report, pretty much as loyal as a fan can be, I get the feeling, from other diehard fans, that they wouldn't mind wearing pink tutus if the team was winning 100 games and making post season appearances every season. Also, fairly recently, the Mavericks changed their colors and the fanbase more than accepted it, because they won.

Well I am not a diehard Rangers fan. But I would agree with you, Brushimania. Only one of the 4 major teams in Dallas is RWB, and the only one that has been a consistent looser IS...the one in the RWB. Now I'm not saying anything other than winning changes everything. I just don't think anyone is married the Rangers being in RWB. Now, maybe if they had a history of winning things would be different. And the link to the Senators is tenuous at best, because they were the replacement Senators, not the ones that were a founding AL club. And the ownership has changed more than a few times. So while I am sure there will be people upset in the Metroplex if the Rangers changed, if they won, the city would be brown and sand all summer, or until football starts in Big D.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Looks great! Great job on this concept.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Lol whats with the brown jersey on the lower right. is that what they wear on laundry day?

undershirt.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Since I am a fan of the 70's and 80's Padres, I love the brown, and I think it would work for the Rangers also.

I would be wishing that the Pads would go to something like this, though, every time I saw it. Add some gold accents to it, and it would be perfect for San Diego.

Great job with the concept!!!

I love the idea of going more retro with the look of the Rangers and I think you've pulled most of it off fairly nicely.

My only two major complaints:

1) The primary is very...skinny. It isn't imposing enough for a TEXAS logo, if you know what I mean? A little less fancy frills, a little more brute force will go a long way in DFW. (Oh, and light blue as the primary color of the logo is a no-no.)

2) Also, the 5 is just wonky. Curvy and full of edges on the bottom, but straight on top? Very odd.

Other than it I think it looks very snazzy.

• 1 month later...
Alright, a few months back, there was some discussion on the primary board about whether or not the Rangers would be looking into changing their uniforms for the future, in particular, bringing back red as a primary color. Someone in the thread suggested the Rangers go even more western. So here is my concept.

The primary is modified from the badge the Texas Rangers law enforcement unit actually wears, with baseballs filling the laurels, and the Rangers T taking the primary place on the star.

The colors, chosen to give the look a more rustic, western look and differentiate itself from the overhaul of red and blue teams in MLB, are brown and sand. In addition, the shade of grey used on the road jerseys is a distinctly Texan shade. The sand alternate does not feature the logo on the sleeve of the two regular jerseys, but all the jerseys have the same fonts and piping is consistant among the trio. The Rangers would be the only team in Major League Baseball to feature the color brown.

texasrangersbv8.png

Living in Texas and being a Ranger fan they SUCK.

Where the :censored: were you going with these?

Alright, a few months back, there was some discussion on the primary board about whether or not the Rangers would be looking into changing their uniforms for the future, in particular, bringing back red as a primary color. Someone in the thread suggested the Rangers go even more western. So here is my concept.

The primary is modified from the badge the Texas Rangers law enforcement unit actually wears, with baseballs filling the laurels, and the Rangers T taking the primary place on the star.

The colors, chosen to give the look a more rustic, western look and differentiate itself from the overhaul of red and blue teams in MLB, are brown and sand. In addition, the shade of grey used on the road jerseys is a distinctly Texan shade. The sand alternate does not feature the logo on the sleeve of the two regular jerseys, but all the jerseys have the same fonts and piping is consistant among the trio. The Rangers would be the only team in Major League Baseball to feature the color brown.

texasrangersbv8.png

Well I think his description tells you were he is going, perhaps you should reread it. Second "they SUCK" is not very constructive. As designers we want to know why it "SUCKS" to improve our work for the next concept. Perhaps you can make suggestions on how to improve his work OR better yet you can submit your own concept. And maybe just maybe some one can tell you all your hard work "SUCKS".

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

The updated concept is awesome. Love the mix of sand, brown, and grey. Caps look solid too. Nice work.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Cool idea!

I love the "wild west" vibe from this set.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

texasrangersbv8.png

Well I think his description tells you were he is going, perhaps you should reread it. Second "they SUCK" is not very constructive. As designers we want to know why it "SUCKS" to improve our work for the next concept. Perhaps you can make suggestions on how to improve his work OR better yet you can submit your own concept. And maybe just maybe some one can tell you all your hard work "SUCKS".

It's kind of funny, I was looking for this earlier in the day that he bumped it, because I wanted to post it on LoneStarBall(where the response has been very positive).

If only he'd done it a few hours earlier, it'd be here on the front page so I wouldn't have had to go digging. :)

Archived