IIHF World Championships

_RH_

My biggest beef with the Canadian jersey is not the jersey, but aren't the pants wrong? My other question is, aren't the sleeve numbers incorrect? I swear I've never seen that jersey with sleeve numbers, but I could be wrong on both accounts and it wouldn't be the first time.

They're wrong. They wore navy blue pants.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1976 Canada Cup

pin_orr03.jpg

These are the jerseys they were replicating, so the replicas are correct. Now, if we consider the uniforms from the last 2 Canada Cups...

1991 Canada Cup

article_10975_2.jpg

Also from the 1991 Canada Cup

gretz_cancup.jpg

1987 Canada Cup

mulletmario3kr3.jpg

Also from the 1987 Canada Cup

CanadaCup87Celebration.jpg

So apparently, they wore both colours of pants. But their helmets were always white, at home & away. They were no numbers on the sleeves.

I'm pretty sure white helmets for both jerseys and no numbers on the sleeve is not allowed in World Championship hockey.

thecatch.jpg

A few thoughts:

First, the US did not have ads on their blue Swift jerseys that they wore on Sunday.

Second, even if a US company didn't want to put an ad on the jersey, I am sure they got offers from European companies because of the popularity of the tournament there.

Third, for some reason USA Hockey is not even selling the throwbacks. I would have bought a #17 (Parise) jersey in a heartbeat so this is a disappointment.

Fourth, even if the jerseys did have ads, I highly doubt that they would be on replicas available for sale. Even if they were, I don't think it would stop people from buying a jersey (hardcore fans wouldn't care and casual fans would not be buying them anyway).

The USA has had ads on their jerseys in the past and the replica jerseys, even "authentics" never, ever come with the sponsor patches on them.

I always thought the Skoda logo was a stylized chicken with a mohawk. :wacko:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I'm pretty sure white helmets for both jerseys and no numbers on the sleeve is not allowed in World Championship hockey.

I can't speak to the sleeve numbers but the US has worn white helmets with all of their jerseys for at least the past three years.

BCBannersSig.png

I can't speak to the sleeve numbers but the US has worn white helmets with all of their jerseys for at least the past three years.

A number of the other throwbacks didn't have sleeve numbers as far as I know. Russia and Latvia are two examples. I don't think Germany had them either.

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

Archived