IIHF World Championships

_RH_

no but it is whats comming to the NHL in the distant maybe no so distant future. since nobody watches the NHL, no one will notice the ads.

There already is an ad on NHL jerseys, it's called the RBK logo ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Switching to the World's between periods on the Pens-Rangers game, and I'm loving Latvia's jersys vs. Canada.

a764c4b6cd.jpg

For some reason that Latvia jersey reminded me of Bullseye and Cyclopse from the comics.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Integrity of the sweater? Russian imperial/post-USSR eagle on USSR sweater? :blink:

That's like the Phoenix Coyotes wearing a blue/white/red throwback sweater with a coyote head for the crest.

I was actually impressed to see that the US jerseys were completely without advertising. (As far as I could see.)

usaiihf.png

I fear it's because there are no companies in the USA that thinks they would get a return on their sponsorship dollar, rather than the integrity of the throwback jersey.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I was actually impressed to see that the US jerseys were completely without advertising. (As far as I could see.)

usaiihf.png

I fear it's because there are no companies in the USA that thinks they would get a return on their sponsorship dollar, rather than the integrity of the throwback jersey.

I doubt that. If beach soccer and bass fishing can get sponsors, hockey can get sponsors.

USA Hockey probably just figures they can pull as much revenue from selling jerseys as they could from such a sponsorship deal. Americans wouldn't buy the jerseys if they had ads all over them. Europeans don't seem to mind.

usaiihf.png

I doubt that. If beach soccer and bass fishing can get sponsors, hockey can get sponsors.

USA Hockey probably just figures they can pull as much revenue from selling jerseys as they could from such a sponsorship deal. Americans wouldn't buy the jerseys if they had ads all over them. Europeans don't seem to mind.

A few thoughts:

First, the US did not have ads on their blue Swift jerseys that they wore on Sunday.

Second, even if a US company didn't want to put an ad on the jersey, I am sure they got offers from European companies because of the popularity of the tournament there.

Third, for some reason USA Hockey is not even selling the throwbacks. I would have bought a #17 (Parise) jersey in a heartbeat so this is a disappointment.

Fourth, even if the jerseys did have ads, I highly doubt that they would be on replicas available for sale. Even if they were, I don't think it would stop people from buying a jersey (hardcore fans wouldn't care and casual fans would not be buying them anyway).

BCBannersSig.png

Switching to the World's between periods on the Pens-Rangers game, and I'm loving Latvia's jersys vs. Canada.

a764c4b6cd.jpg

Those jerseys are hideous, regardless of historical significance.

As for the Canada jerseys, I like the white one. However, it looks bad with black helmet and pants. They should wear white helmets and red pants with that set.

I actually kind of like those Latvia jerseys. Hmm, the historical predecessor of the Canuck's Flying V?

The Canada Cup throwbacks in action:

canada.jpg

Those are still painfully awful jerseys. Both sets.

No way... those Canada Cup jerseys are classically awesome. They should bring those back full time. Make the helmets white or red, though.

But I do agree those template based USA jerseys are uber-lame.

thecatch.jpg

http://www.iihf.com/channels/iihf-world-ch...nship/pictures/

I guess for the most part in this tournament both teams will be wearing the template-riffic swifts.

RTEmagicC_OVECHKIN_ALEXANDER_1.JPG.jpg

Beauty!

must....have......jersey.

Sweet. I hope they make a throwback german jersey with a swastika on it!

Nothing says "Love of Hockey" like tyrants and dictators killing millions of innocents!

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

My biggest beef with the Canadian jersey is not the jersey, but aren't the pants wrong? My other question is, aren't the sleeve numbers incorrect? I swear I've never seen that jersey with sleeve numbers, but I could be wrong on both accounts and it wouldn't be the first time.

Archived