IIHF World Championships

_RH_

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.iihf.com/channels/iihf-world-ch...nship/pictures/

I guess for the most part in this tournament both teams will be wearing the template-riffic swifts.

RTEmagicC_OVECHKIN_ALEXANDER_1.JPG.jpg

Beauty!

must....have......jersey.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Do they have international ads at the World Championships? I saw Skoda at centre ice so I assumed it was in Europe, but I guess not.

A lot of those ads seem to be regulars at the Worlds. Heck I don't think the worlds would be the same without the Skoda logo on centre ice and the car displayed in the seats :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Do they have international ads at the World Championships? I saw Skoda at centre ice so I assumed it was in Europe, but I guess not.

Skoda is a big sponsor of the WHC and has been for as long as I can remember. Watching Team Canada's game from Halifax yesterday, it looked like they even had the usual Skoda cars parked in a couple of corners of the rink so you see them while the game is on.

I assume they had to ship the cars over, since I imagine finding a Skoda in Nova Scotia is a little difficult. Anyway, the WHC is generally targeted at a Euro audience and advertisers, which makes sense since it goes on during the NHL playoffs, which explains why they have the usual euro ads even though the tourney is being played out of Halifax and Quebec City. Also, prior to Euros coming over to the NHL in the last twenty years, the WHC was kind of the big thing for Euro hockey.

I was sort of hoping that they wouldn't have adds slapped on the jerseys since its not something thats done in North American sports for the most part.

Edit: I almost forgot. The old soviet hardliners are probably rolling over in their graves at the sight of USSR uniforms with commercial ads slapped on them. Capitalism, adding insult to injury! :D

I think it's great

If only the Canadians were wearing throwbacks

They are wearing these for Tuesday's game against the US:

RTEmagicC_Canada-1981-A2.3.jpg.jpg

Oh sweet

That will be awesome to watch

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Skoda is a big sponsor of the WHC and has been for as long as I can remember. Watching Team Canada's game from Halifax yesterday, it looked like they even had the usual Skoda cars parked in a couple of corners of the rink so you see them while the game is on.

I assume they had to ship the cars over, since I imagine finding a Skoda in Nova Scotia is a little difficult. Anyway, the WHC is generally targeted at a Euro audience and advertisers, which makes sense since it goes on during the NHL playoffs, which explains why they have the usual euro ads even though the tourney is being played out of Halifax and Quebec City. Also, prior to Euros coming over to the NHL in the last twenty years, the WHC was kind of the big thing for Euro hockey.

I was sort of hoping that they wouldn't have adds slapped on the jerseys since its not something thats done in North American sports for the most part.

Edit: I almost forgot. The old soviet hardliners are probably rolling over in their graves at the sight of USSR uniforms with commercial ads slapped on them. Capitalism, adding insult to injury! :D

Yes they infact did ship the cars over. Here is the article from IIHF.com:

Skoda: Team 17

I'm guessing those US jerseys are the 1960 uniform.

Yup. Here are the descriptions of the retro jerseys as well as a schedule for when they will be worn.

Interesting that the Russians decided to keep the integrity of the jersey instead of replacing CCCP with Russia as was advertised. Good on them.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Switching to the World's between periods on the Pens-Rangers game, and I'm loving Latvia's jersys vs. Canada.

a764c4b6cd.jpg

Those jerseys are hideous, regardless of historical significance.

As for the Canada jerseys, I like the white one. However, it looks bad with black helmet and pants. They should wear white helmets and red pants with that set.

Juventus.png

A lot of those ads seem to be regulars at the Worlds. Heck I don't think the worlds would be the same without the Skoda logo on centre ice and the car displayed in the seats :D

Well, either that or Warsteiner beer. :D

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

no but it is whats comming to the NHL in the distant maybe no so distant future. since nobody watches the NHL, no one will notice the ads.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived