New Concept Series: Sports Team Aircraft Liveries

scottysprings

This is kind of like a reversal of bucco b's airline football concept series: instead of making uniforms out of airlines' liveries, I'm making liveries out of sports teams uniforms. I've always loved looking at airplane livery designs so it was a natural progression to begin designing them. I'm gonna start out with a New York Yankees Boeing 777 below:

1352004.pnga

Update Below: new template finished, c&c please

I love the idea, and I like the pinstripes. Only think I don't like is how the script clashes with the pinstripes. What I'd do is put the NY logo on engine as well as changing the script so it is more legible.

What will the Jets' jet look like? B)

Like the idea and the one thing that would really make that Yankee 777 look terrific would be to replace the script with the interlocking NY logo done in 'billboard' style.

I understand your concept idea is different from planes simply painted in tribute to a team, but it's still interesting to see planes painted in team colors and so on. Here are a few that came to mind:

Old Cardinals:

DSC_4959%20757-2G7%20N908AW%20America%20West%20Cardinals%20right%20side%20take-off%20l.jpg

New Cardinals:

normal_USA_A319_N857AW_6428.jpg

Diamondbacks:

DSC_4985%20757-2S7%20N904AW%20America%20West%20Diamondbacks%20right%20side%20take-off%20l.jpg

Reeeeally old Cowboys (Braniff went out of business in 1982):

br86.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Here's the new template I've been working on all night. I think it looks a lot nicer and is just a higher quality graphic overall. I'll start my next team tomorrow. And jake22, I'd appreciate it if you didn't jack my thread..

boeing-767-template.png

this is my idea for the colorado rockies. Sgoalie19 if you want to change anything or make it better in any way feel free too.

rockiesplane.png

Make your own thread man...

Sgoalie, the template looks really nice from what I can see, but the outline is almost impossible to make out. Could you make it a little darker/thicker? Looking good.

this is my idea for the colorado rockies. Sgoalie19 if you want to change anything or make it better in any way feel free too.

rockiesplane.png

Make your own thread man...

Sgoalie, the template looks really nice from what I can see, but the outline is almost impossible to make out. Could you make it a little darker/thicker? Looking good.

or just make a sky/clouds background? :D

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Archived