NFL Livery Concept Series: New York Jets

scottysprings

Well I haven't had much time to put into my original livery design thread so it kinda just fell off the first page (rather quickly I might add). I finally finished my last AP test today so I should have more time to devote to designing these concepts. I was kind of lost on how to pick teams to design liveries for so I figured I'd make another series out of it. Without further adieu, I present the NFL Livery Concept Series. I'm likely to get bored with it after a few concepts quickly but I promise I will continue making concepts as long as I get positive feedback and good C&C. As suggested by tj4eck, I'm starting out with the Jets. It's a pretty simple design but I think it works well for them.

new-york-jets-livery.png

Not gonna lie, I'm particularly proud of the 767 template (bow)

I'll do whatever team the first poster requests. Now give me some C&C ^_^

Nice. I like the simplicity of this, and I love the double stripe/jet logo combo.

Great job.

Now how about the Brownies

Elf? ^_^

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

new-york-jets-livery.png

Except your template is a 777. Three wheels on the main gear is a triple-seven the six-seven only has two. Still a sweet template though.

new-york-jets-livery.png

Except your template is a 777. Three wheels on the main gear is a triple-seven the six-seven only has two. Still a sweet template though.

Good catch. I was in the airline business for 20 years and missed that. DOH! :D

About the concept, I like it though it strikes me as a bit simplistic, and the tick on the stripe looks more like a sail or a stylized shark fin.

As for requests, Saints?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Thanks to everyone who gave some C&C. I'll try and do a Browns design and a Saints design, hopefully by the end of the weekend. Thanks for pointing out my error, tp49, touche. As for the tick on the stripe, its supposed to be a take on this.

As for the people asking what is the point of designing these airplanes, I'd say it's because it's something different from the repetitive uniform concepts you always see on here. For whatever reason I'm really intrigued by commercial airplanes and their paint jobs as well as sports based designs, so I figured this would be a fair meeting ground. Also, if you want to go for the "what's the purpose of this?" argument, you can say that about any uniform or logo concept on these boards. As far as I know, I'd say more than 90% of the concepts you see on here are never put into production or use, so "what's the point"? I don't see the issue with posting my work here like everyone else, and that's what you seem to be questioning.

Edit: it appears sports themed aircraft do have some validity

Archived