Cleveland Browns "1946" White Throwbacks

jamdawg1

Currently, the Browns Alternate is a Throwback based on the 1957 Unis. (1957 is when Jim Brown was drafted.)

If it were up to me, the Browns would wear White Unis based on the 1946 Season. That season, the numbers were two-tone drop shadow block font.

browns-1946-tb.gif

This is a photo from the very first Browns Gams vs the Miami Seahawks (AAFC, not NFL)

first-ever-game-vs-miami.jpg

The Orange Number trimmed in White on the Brown Jersey lasted only one or two games before reversing the color scheme. The numbers on the White Jersey were always Brown trimmed in Orange.

George Ashburn - My Website

yuku-sp-me-roll.gifyuku-jd-shake.gif

I would absolutely love if they wore these for one or two games, just because they've worn [nearly] the same thing for so long that it's refreshing when they bust out anything else.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Louuuuuuuuuu

^_^

Lou Groza--#46 :D

Cleveland won 44 to 0.

Pure awsomeness.

As for the concept, I like it a lot.

I think a brown version would look super slick as well.

Good job.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

72's number font is waaay different than 67's and 42's.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would absolutely love if they wore these for one or two games, just because they've worn [nearly] the same thing for so long that it's refreshing when they bust out anything else.

A history lesson here.

The AAFC (All-American Football Conference) was a Pro League that lasted between 1946 and 1949. The Cleveland Browns, San Francisco 49ers and Baltimore Colts* came to the NFL in 1950 when the AAFC folded. The Browns won all four AAFC Titles and in fact, the 1948 Browns recorded the first undefeated season on Pro Football History. They went on to win the NFL Title in 1950, 1954 & 1955. They also made it to the NFL Title Game in 1951, 1952 & 1953. That's ten straight seasons of making it to the League Title Game.

*Those Baltimore Colts do not have anything to do with the Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts of Unitas & Manning.

I am in fact in the middle of building a website that will have the uniform histories of The Browns & Ohio State Football. (Photos & My Graphics.) I will also have a "What If..." speculating how different the post WWII history of Pro & Major College Football would be had Paul Brown had gone back to Ohio State.

OH! my "Concept" new Browns Uniform isn't all that different from the current ones. The differences would be...

1. The Shadow Numbers like in the 1946 Uniforms
  2. The Re-Introduction of the Orange Game Pants as an Alternate Set to go with the Current White Pants
  3. The "BROWNS" wordmark logo on the Brown Jersey would be Orange and not White
  4. The Brownie Elf Logo om the left-front hip of both game pants
  5. The "Alternate/Throwback" Uniforms would be the "1964" Brown Jerseys with plain white numbers, the small numbers on the Sleeves. the white pants with the thinner pant stripes and the stripped game socks.

George Ashburn - My Website

yuku-sp-me-roll.gifyuku-jd-shake.gif

A history lesson here.

The AAFC (All-American Football Conference) was a Pro League that lasted between 1946 and 1949. The Cleveland Browns, San Francisco 49ers and Baltimore Colts* came to the NFL in 1950 when the AAFC folded. The Browns won all four AAFC Titles and in fact, the 1948 Browns recorded the first undefeated season on Pro Football History. They went on to win the NFL Title in 1950, 1954 & 1955. They also made it to the NFL Title Game in 1951, 1952 & 1953. That's ten straight seasons of making it to the League Title Game.

*Those Baltimore Colts do not have anything to do with the Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts of Unitas & Manning.

I am in fact in the middle of building a website that will have the uniform histories of The Browns & Ohio State Football. (Photos & My Graphics.) I will also have a "What If..." speculating how different the post WWII history of Pro & Major College Football would be had Paul Brown had gone back to Ohio State.

OH! my "Concept" new Browns Uniform isn't all that different from the current ones. The differences would be...

1. The Shadow Numbers like in the 1946 Uniforms
  2. The Re-Introduction of the Orange Game Pants as an Alternate Set to go with the Current White Pants
  3. The "BROWNS" wordmark logo on the Brown Jersey would be Orange and not White
  4. The Brownie Elf Logo om the left-front hip of both game pants
  5. The "Alternate/Throwback" Uniforms would be the "1964" Brown Jerseys with plain white numbers, the small numbers on the Sleeves. the white pants with the thinner pant stripes and the stripped game socks.

Thanks, but I don't need a history lesson on the Browns. I am, without question, their biggest fan and the most authoritative historian on the planet.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived