Braves w/ pinstripes?

GoDawgs08

So I am playing MLB 08 The Show on ps2...and I have noticed some strange uniforms that the Braves occasionally wear on the game. They are all white home uniforms with blue pinstripes, solid blue font saying "Braves" with red block numbers. It defintely looks like a throwback style uniform, but I cant find a picture. Also, sometimes the game throws a white hat on them?? This is very odd. Does anyone know if these have existed?

temp.png

So I am playing MLB 08 The Show on ps2...and I have noticed some strange uniforms that the Braves occasionally wear on the game. They are all white home uniforms with blue pinstripes, solid blue font saying "Braves" with red block numbers. It defintely looks like a throwback style uniform, but I cant find a picture. Also, sometimes the game throws a white hat on them?? This is very odd. Does anyone know if these have existed?

I've never heard of anything quite like that; it almost sounds like the game designers took the 1968-1971 uniforms and added a Dodgers-style front number:

nl_1968_atlanta.gif

Of course, the Braves never used an all-white cap, but they did have that white front cap with the cursive A from 1972-1980, but it was never worn with the blue pinstripes, only the red pinstripes (from 1976-1979).

EDIT - Gothamite beat me to it; too slow in looking things up on Dressed to the Nines. :D

The Show uses the same number style for all uniforms in a franchise. Atlanta would have its block number style for all uniforms, just like Philadelphia has the current number style in its 1980s-era throwbacks.

It's the most glaring visual that I have found so far.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

nice. This is exactly what im seeing. I still dunno about the white hat tho.

It's not a hat like this is it?

nl_1972_atlanta.gif

Cause they wore those right after they ditched the pinstripes.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I wasnt sure if this would help or not, but I found some old pics of the uni they wore from 68-71. Just to show kinda what they looked like in game (or in one case locker room).

http://pro.corbis.com/images/U1628171.jpg?...f-ab0d0325acd6}

http://pro.corbis.com/images/U1669545A.jpg...c-048a79e53f85}

The first is the home, the second is the road. Inface, Hank Aaron got his 3,000th hit wearing these unifroms. I hope this may have been of help.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Since you brought up MLB 08, could you give us an idea of the number of throwbacks unis available in the game? I understand that in the franchise mode, you cannot choose the opponent's uniforms?

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Since you brought up MLB 08, could you give us an idea of the number of throwbacks unis available in the game? I understand that in the franchise mode, you cannot choose the opponent's uniforms?

You can't even choose your own, except in exhibition mode.

Archived