Phillies Concept

JayJaxon

Only small changes as far as logo. I just changed the color to the old school burgundy and added an outline. I removed the pinstripes all together, and put Philadelphia on the road uniform. The alternate is just the Phillies name in the new colors. I also made gray the secondary color. I'm not sure how popular that is going to be, but I didn't want to just use white. Not much change but I wanted to post it anyway. Too many teams out there with the red, white, and blue, and I thought the Phillies colors of old with the logos of new would look pretty cool. What do you think?

Phils_burgandy2.jpg

Phillies Home

Phillies Road

Phillies Alternate

It's not bad. I guess I can live with the burgundy but some things need to be fixed.

First, the home is far too monotonous. I think it desperately needs some gray if nothing else. (Actually on second look, it looks better. But I still stand by my claim.) Are you actually using gray in the scheme? If so I think it needs to be in the logo and home uni as well.

The away reminds me of your other Phils concept, and I still don't really like the "Philadelphia" script as it is. Other than that, I guess the uni is pretty good, even though I'm not sold on the vest. But what for sure needs to go is the burgundy-on-burgundy hat.

The alt is interesting. It looks half ridiculous, but I think so much so that it would actually look nice and classic on the field. Nice job there. I still hate that you used three hats, though.

Pretty good work overall.

It's not bad. I guess I can live with the burgundy but some things need to be fixed.

First, the home is far too monotonous. I think it desperately needs some gray if nothing else. (Actually on second look, it looks better. But I still stand by my claim.) Are you actually using gray in the scheme? If so I think it needs to be in the logo and home uni as well.

The away reminds me of your other Phils concept, and I still don't really like the "Philadelphia" script as it is. Other than that, I guess the uni is pretty good, even though I'm not sold on the vest. But what for sure needs to go is the burgundy-on-burgundy hat.

The alt is interesting. It looks half ridiculous, but I think so much so that it would actually look nice and classic on the field. Nice job there. I still hate that you used three hats, though.

Your right, I need to add gray into the main logo, and I really tried to use one or two hats in this one, as I seem to want to use a different hat for each jersey. Perhaps I can take away the gray-billed hat, or use it as the primary?

Your right, I need to add gray into the main logo, and I really tried to use one or two hats in this one, as I seem to want to use a different hat for each jersey. Perhaps I can take away the gray-billed hat, or use it as the primary?

I think the gray-billed hat reminds me of a college team too much. I'd instead go with the white or gray "P."

I don't think GBM meant to completely get rid of white in the concept in favor of gray. I think you need to add a touch of gray in some places. The all white look was definitely better than the all gray look, as I'm a fan of the simplicity, but I think a TOUCH of gray would be best.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Here is something for a Bell logo...I know where you are going with the powder blue, and I like the idea. I'm gonna give it a try. It might actually make a great secondary color

logo.jpg

Here is something for a Bell logo...I know where you are going with the powder blue, and I like the idea. I'm gonna give it a try. It might actually make a great secondary color

It did..

nl_1981_philadelphia.gif

Technically it was just the road uniform color, which was popular in the 70s/80s, cause you don't see it anywhere else other than the road uniform.

But I agree, it could make a good secondary color.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

It did..

nl_1981_philadelphia.gif

Technically it was just the road uniform color, which was popular in the 70s/80s, cause you don't see it anywhere else other than the road uniform.

Yea, in the 70's and 80's if you thought the road blue was a secondary color, then every team that wore blue as the road uni had that as a secondary. But I think the blue would go along with the burgundy nicely. I'm going to drop some gray and add the blue in some places to see how that turns out.

It did..

nl_1981_philadelphia.gif

Yea, in the 70's and 80's if you thought the road blue was a secondary color, then every team that wore blue as the road uni had that as a secondary. But I think the blue would go along with the burgundy nicely. I'm going to drop some gray and add the blue in some places to see how that turns out.

Yet alot of the phillies "throwback" shirts and hats have light blue in it.

Archived